Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gmax Heli, part polys look different (Read 956 times)
26th Jul, 2003 at 1:36pm

Alan_Devins   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hello, Nice to see the move to the new board.

In gmax I had my engine housing made but I had to use a shape merge on it, now this only worked on one side so I copied the face with the shape merge and connected it the opposite side, in fs2002 it is very noticeable that this part was added (both sides show a different shading to the rest of the housing)

I have tried welding the vertices together and tried without weld and the same problem is there, I have tried different shading but it is still obvious that the poly has been added.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
Alan

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 26th Jul, 2003 at 1:45pm

Milton   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Props forever!

Have you tried selecting all the polys, going to the bottom of the smoothing rollout, clear all, then auto-smooth'ing?

Milton Shupe&&Dash 7, Aero Commanders, Howard 500, D18S, Spartan 7W, A-26B/C, XA38 Grizzly, DH-80A, AT-11, 427 Pinto Stock Car, The "Grumman Seven", Avia 51, 156, 56, 57
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 26th Jul, 2003 at 1:47pm

Alan_Devins   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Just a quick post edit there I got it, I actually didnt use the clear all before, problem solved.

Cheers
Alan

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 26th Jul, 2003 at 2:00pm

Alan_Devins   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ok, after fixing the original problem I now have a new one.

See the pic attached.

Alan

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print