Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cfs2 weapons FSDSv2.24 mini tut (Read 930 times)
30th Jul, 2003 at 2:54pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi all
Im no guru and this may not work in all situations and im really lousy at writting tuts, so dont go yelling at me Smiley
some of the txt below has been taken from D-Bolts mini tut,this works with ver 2.24 of fsds
(Im not sure if it works with older ver)
<SORRY for spelling/Grammer mistakes but me spull checker broke>

First,  build the weapon as a multi-res aircraft. Usually,  make the main model and sub1 (6:100), sub2 (12:100), sub3 (20:100) and sub4 (empty model, 80:100), values for a 500lb bomb. Don't forget to remove the VC from the project.

Next compile the FS Object File | scasm source file (.sca) command)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

goto the folder it was saved in and open the sca file in a text editor (wordpad)
and delete all the text ect down to but not including the BGLVersion( 0800 )line

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

next copy and paste these lines above the BGLVersion( 0800 )line

-------------cut below this line then paste------------------------------

Header( 1 90 -89 180 -179 )
ObjID( XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX )
LibObj(
PWR   0
SIZE  16
SCALE 0.00196
TYPE  1281
NAME   "WEP_name of weapon" )

-------------cut above this line then paste------------------------------

Ok here is a breakdown of the above

ObjID( XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX )<--------- I dont know how to work this out as just the mention of hex scares me so here is what I do.Go to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

and download MAT's Scasm Editor.Unzip it to any folder and run the program
next click on the scasm commands and then create libery object(number 14 in list) this will open a applet
click on change ID to get a ObjID number(you may want to use your weapon name in the box provided I Think this is used in the hex creation) then click on write source,highlite the Object ID number in the main window then edit. You can then paste it to the sca file

LibObj(
PWR   0 <---no idea leave as is
SIZE  16 <---no idea leave as is
SCALE 0.001 <----------correct scale to match the .fsc when in fsds have a look at project properties the scale set there is what is put here default is 0.001

TYPE  1281<---no idea leave as is
NAME   WEP_nameofweapon ) No spaces (well you can have spaces but may cause probs with dp) and must be the same name as dp (will get to that later)

Next scroll all the way down to the end of the sca file and change the very last EndA to
EndObj

save the sca file

now compile it with scasm as follows

scasm myweopon.sca myweapon.bgl

if you have built a multiple model weapon you may get an line buffer error due to to meny vertex

you need to use the -LB switch  with a number say around 90000 like so

scasm myweopon.sca myweapon.bgl -LB 90000

if you still getting the error just add a 0 to the number (ie 900000) until it compiles

all thats needed to do now is make a dp file,just grab a default dp simular to the weapon you have made,rename it to the same name as the bgl file,copy it back to the objectdp folder.
You may also want to edit the misc section in the dp file to the correct weights ect

so thats it  add the weapon to the dp of the aircraft and blow things up Cheesy

please post probs with the tut and help in refining it
also  a note to the MODERATOR the image's here will only be avalible till the 20th-8-2003 Im changing ISP's so it may pay to save them somewhere more permenent Smiley

Have fun and GOOOOD luck
MaV   

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 13th May, 2004 at 4:00pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi again
Time for an Update
In the above I said to use
Header( 1 90 -89 180 -179 )
This will sometimes cause a model not found error so instead use
Header( 1  N94:21:19.15 S94:21:19.18 W000:00:00.00 W000:00:00.00 )
LatRange(  S94:21:19.18  N94:21:19.15 )

Also Thanks to Martin Wright there is a MUCH easier way to fill in the ObjId and make it unique to you,this is how mine looks
ObjId( 'AUMA' 'VLIB' 'RARY' 00000000 )
I just change the end eight digits for each project like so
ObjId( 'AUMA' 'VLIB' 'RARY' 00000001 ) ect ect Smiley scasm does the conversion when compiling the BGL file
Happy things that go bang making
MaV

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print