Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New CVA plugin (LWO,DXF<->FSDS) is here! (Read 14395 times)
10th Sep, 2003 at 4:34pm

Masnik/CVA   Offline
Point Pusher
Prague / Czech Republic

Hi,
I just placed on our website new version of CVA plugins which works well with new versions of FSDS.
I changed the name of program to CVA Converter, because now it's standalone program which work's
well also without instaled FSDS. It can read/write folowing 3D object formats:
  • FSDS object (*.fsc) / import-export
  • FSDS part (*.fsp) / import-export
  • AutoCAD DXF (*.dxf) / import-export
  • LightWave (*.lwo) / import only
  • XML (*.xml) / import only
  • Wavefront (*.obj) / export only

You can download it from Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
=================================
Direct Download Link (rev.13 SEP 2006)Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

FJR 13SEP2006
===============================

Try it and let me know, if it works well - I didn't test it very much before release...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: 13th Sep, 2006 at 11:56pm by Felix/FFDS »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10th Sep, 2003 at 5:00pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Thanks!

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 10th Sep, 2003 at 5:58pm

Bob_Samuelson   Offline
Point Pusher
Which one is the TomCat?

[glb]
 Shocked    Kiss Thanks!  Grin
[/glb]

EDITED ... My experience different then Geoff's.
I just checked by downloading the A318FSDS model from the REsource center here and it does maintain the individual part names.  It might be a function of the model.  I used the dxf converter.  Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

« Last Edit: 10th Sep, 2003 at 7:46pm by Bob_Samuelson »  
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10th Sep, 2003 at 5:59pm

geoff   Offline
Polygon Twister
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
cumbria. uk

i have just tested it and it works . i imported the p47 from cfs3 to fsds2 and exported my p51b from fsds2 to gmax. both worked but were welded into a sold lump. exporting parts should work fine. the possibilities are endless . brilliant .
thanks geoff

when all else fails read the instructions.
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 10th Sep, 2003 at 7:16pm

Tom/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Jets are for kids!

Thanks!!!

Tom Gibson

California Classic Propliners: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

AlcoHauler Locomotive Page: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

San Diego Model RR Museum: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 10th Sep, 2003 at 7:30pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Sheesh - too many copycat posts...Smiley

Also - a neat feature is the ability to preview the conversion!!

And for those who are forced to work on FSDS1.6 because they have an NT O/S, but you absolutely need your FSDS fix and you don't want to stop working on a part.... you can "back export" your FSDS2 model by converting it to a dxf and using the older CVA plug in to bring it into FSDS1.
« Last Edit: 10th Sep, 2003 at 11:04pm by Felix/FFDS »  

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 10th Sep, 2003 at 11:22pm

Albaro Villegas@iFDG   Offline
Polygon Twister
MD-11 Swansong
New York City

Worked like a charm, converted my FSDS2 plane to DXF, imported into GMAX and looks nice. No smoothing but no big deal. Now if I only knew how to do anything in GMAX, I might be able to do something further with it. Would be handy for making more precise animations.

Albaro Villegas &&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 14th Sep, 2003 at 8:54pm
Paul F Straney   Guest

Will this give us a way of taking a GMax model and bringing it into FSDS V2?  Pretty please???????

Grin Grin Grin
Paul

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 14th Sep, 2003 at 9:03pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Convert your gmax to a Quake model, use Lithunwrap or Deep Exploration to convert to dxf and dxf into FSDS2.

Quote:
Will this give us a way of taking a GMax model and bringing it into FSDS V2?  Pretty please???????

Grin Grin Grin
Paul

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 16th Sep, 2003 at 11:41pm
Paul F. Straney   Guest

"Convert your gmax to a Quake model, use Lithunwrap or Deep Exploration to convert to dxf and dxf into FSDS2."

Okay, Deep Exploration is $299US!  Can't find Lithunwrap, but there seems to be an updated program called "Ultimate Unwrap3D" - at $35US, a bit more reasonable.  But now, how does one go about converting a GMax model to Quake? 

Smiley

Paul 

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 16th Sep, 2003 at 11:55pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

That's covered by BobS' quick tutorial in the Tutorials Section...

Quote:
"Convert your gmax to a Quake model, use Lithunwrap or Deep Exploration to convert to dxf and dxf into FSDS2."

Okay, Deep Exploration is $299US!  Can't find Lithunwrap, but there seems to be an updated program called "Ultimate Unwrap3D" - at $35US, a bit more reasonable.  But now, how does one go about converting a GMax model to Quake?  

Smiley

Paul  

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 17th Sep, 2003 at 1:55am
Massimo Taccoli   Guest

I've found freeware Lithunwrap program , this is the link to download it free:

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 18th Sep, 2003 at 10:28pm
Paul F Straney   Guest

Hi;
Well, thanks to all suggestions, and especially our Inspector Poly.   This is how I managed to do it:
First, I upgraded my GMax to 1.2, which allows exportsw in the .MD3 format (Quake III format.)  I then found a program called 3D Exploration v1.5.  This will take the .MD3 format and allow you to save it as a .DXF file.  Two hints, opt to flip polys, and export to layers as objects (or else you end up with one part!)
Then the above CVA plug-in does a slick job of turning the .DXF file into an .FSC file.  However, so far I haven't figured out how to bring textures across though.  Anybody figures this out, I'd really like to hear about it.

Thanks!
Paul

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 18th Sep, 2003 at 10:55pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

You can't - as far as I know, DXF doesn't support texture map information.

Quote:
However, so far I haven't figured out how to bring textures across though.  Anybody figures this out, I'd really like to hear about it.

Thanks!
Paul

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 21st Sep, 2003 at 12:18pm

ACDPRO   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Quote:
Convert your gmax to a Quake model

Were would one find this quake thing (so I can export it)

I have tried the tempest gamepack but thats not it.

And do you have to buy quake just to use the tool?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print