Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New CVA plugin (LWO,DXF<->FSDS) is here! (Read 14708 times)
Reply #15 - 21st Sep, 2003 at 7:31pm
Bill Mullins   Guest

Paul said that he has GMAX export to a .MD3 file but I have GMAX 1.2 and it only exports to .P3D.  Did I install something wrong? 

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 21st Sep, 2003 at 8:09pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Check our Tutorials Section for BobS's tutorial and links on the matter.

Quote:
Were would one find this quake thing (so I can export it)

I have tried the tempest gamepack but thats not it.

And do you have to buy quake just to use the tool?

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #17 - 22nd Sep, 2003 at 4:15pm

geoff   Offline
Polygon Twister
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
cumbria. uk

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

get gmax quake exporter here

thanks geoff

when all else fails read the instructions.
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 22nd Sep, 2003 at 5:57pm
Paul F. Straney   Guest

Hi;
I upgraded my Gmax 1.1 to 1.2.  GMax 1.2 allows users to export in Quake III (*.MD3), and plasma (*.P3D) formats.  I didn't have to install any additional add-ons or "packs" for this to work - came that way "out of the box", as it were.  Works very nicely, too.

Paul

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 30th Sep, 2003 at 12:16pm

gbesoain   Offline
Point Pusher

Edited

BAD and good news; None of the below 3dsMax plugins work with gmax Embarrassed but finally i was able to export a model from gmax to FSDS2.24... how? ???

Only following the excelent BobS tutorial.  Grin

Specifically downloading and installing the "md3 exporter" and the "3D Explorer 1.5" (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Im just do an extensive search for any program to export from gmax to fsds2, well i have found two maxscripts that will save gmax project as DXF files. This must allow me to convert those gmax --> DXF then DXF --> FSDS2 using this great CVA converter!

Saddly im away from my developer PC now so i can personally verify that this MAXscripts works, so here are the download links

3dMax Version 3
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

3dMax Version 4

The developers web page is

I dont know which of the 2 version use but i think that Version4 must be the right one for gmax1.2. Each zip has its help file that explain how to install into gmax (this Scripts are for 3D Studio Max but gmax1.2 is compatable with MaxScripts!)

If anybody can test this please post your results.

Regards.
Gonzalo Besoain 8)
« Last Edit: 1st Oct, 2003 at 10:17am by gbesoain »  
IP Logged

Reply #20 - 7th Oct, 2003 at 1:24am
rivnut   Ex Member

This is really fantastic. Working with a high end builder and FSDS, side by side, is an incredible experience. The files convert either way with ease. I'm glad I checked into the forum, here. I used the older version with FSDFS v1. This new version is (if I may repeat myself) Fantastic!.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 20th Oct, 2003 at 12:05pm
Jens Winkler   Guest

Thank you very much !!!! GREAT !!!!!!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 1st Feb, 2004 at 6:41am

Oxtoby   Offline
Point Pusher
I love FSDS
The Hague, Netherlands

Brilliant work Masnik!

We knew you could do it...this opens up new horizons for both user groups, Gmax and FSDS-designers.

Thanks too from Louis and the FSDS team.

Graham

kind regards&&&&Graham P. Oxtoby
IP Logged

Reply #23 - 8th Mar, 2004 at 2:28am

DaveNunez   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Seattle, Washington

Hey CVA

TO write plugins for FSDS2, do you use the same SDK as for FSDS1? I'm asking because I can't seem to find an FSDS2 sdk anywhere.   ???

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #24 - 2nd Apr, 2004 at 3:51pm

virgin1   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, l have a question.

I have converted some of my Aircraft.MDL files to DXF but l cannot convert the files to FSDS object (*.fsc)

Some Aircraft will not convert from MDL to DXF

Please help !!!!

Regards

Steve

Quote:
Hi,
I just placed on our website new version of CVA plugins which works well with new versions of FSDS.
I changed the name of program to CVA Converter, because now it's standalone program which work's
well also without instaled FSDS. It can read/write folowing 3D object formats:
  • FSDS object (*.fsc) / import-export
  • FSDS part (*.fsp) / import-export
  • AutoCAD DXF (*.dxf) / import-export
  • LightWave (*.lwo) / import only
  • XML (*.xml) / import only
  • Wavefront (*.obj) / export only

You can download it from Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Try it and let me know, if it works well - I didn't test it very much before release...

[img]

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 2nd Apr, 2004 at 4:23pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Quote:
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, l have a question.

I have converted some of my Aircraft.MDL files to DXF but l cannot convert the files to FSDS object (*.fsc)

Some Aircraft will not convert from MDL to DXF

Please help !!!!
Regards
Steve

#1. Not all dxf's are the same, from what I understand.

#2.  You're right, you cannot compile mdl files made with gmax and fsds2.  The basic model file structure was changed with FS2002, and the converters that you find on the internet deal with the old FS5/FS98 mdl model structure.

#3.  Having said this, please remember that converting mdl files is not looked upon very nicely by most flightsim modellers, especially because of the fear that their models will be changed, used, and otherwise bent spindled folded and mutilated, without proper credit, etc.  In the case of payware models that get decompiled, you can understand the concerns and other legal implications.  The other practical consideration is that many of the models that you would decompile are old-style models that you would probably end up rebuilding completely anyway to add parts, animations, etc.

We have a large stock of source files, dating back to FSFS days (FS5.x).  In case you want to use one of these files from the libraries and don't have the correct program to open the source file, pop a note, and I'll be glad to do the conversion to the program of your choice (FSDS2/gmax) or straight dxf...

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #26 - 4th Mar, 2005 at 3:10pm

dzignguy   Offline
Point Pusher
"Connies" forever!!

Quote:
However, so far I haven't figured out how to bring textures across though.  Anybody figures this out, I'd really like to hear about it.

If I might say.......Smiley this is possible by another method that is not mentioned here.  The easiest way to do this conversion, IMHO, is to simply export the GMAX file to and .X file via middleman and then open in Lithunwrap 3d and export it from there into your favorite 3d editing software.  If you buy the professional version you can also get their neato Export plugins for MAX, Lightwave and others to go along and the file will go directly into Max or others with full textures and mapping coordinates.....

Any one who decompiles a model file and uses it without the authors consent is certainly treading on thin ice as far as legality is concerned.  Freeware or payware, the copyright is still valid!

I will be glad to give other details if anyone is interested.

Best Regards,

John
Dzignguy

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 4th Mar, 2005 at 11:06pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Why are you replying to a message that is over eighteen months old?  ???

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #28 - 5th Mar, 2005 at 8:55am

dzignguy   Offline
Point Pusher
"Connies" forever!!

Quote:
Why are you replying to a message that is over eighteen months old?

Well, I dont know, I guess I just wasnt thinking straight.......Sorry.   ???

John

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print