Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gmax and Lofting - video Tutorial (Read 952 times)
17th Aug, 2004 at 2:14pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Blatantly lifted from a Simviation.com posting:

Quote:

Just a short note, I would like to let everyone know of a new Flash video covering lofting techniques with Gmax. It shows how to build a simple nosecone and runs approximately 8 minutes in length. The principles can be applied to just about any object created in Gmax however. Feel free to view it at anytime. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

FSEdge

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 3rd Mar, 2006 at 4:30am

Madcat   Offline
Point Pusher
WNY

Ok, I have to ask here...how were the rings for the nose made? ???

Jeff

Former crew chief of F.R.E.D. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Dover AFB Gmax user
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12th Mar, 2006 at 10:16am

Alejandro Rojas L.   Offline
LDV Engineer
Where Is Padme?
Valencia -Venezuela

Quote:
Ok, I have to ask here...how were the rings for the nose made? ???

Jeff

Erm,why don't you try with / shapes/circles/,.....I did it, and It works,But I don't like that procedure,I rather make the nose in a diferent way 8)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 30th Apr, 2006 at 1:52am

Katahu   Offline
Point Pusher
FSGV Founder

I use the lofting technique for making long and bending pipes for the engine of my Nissan model. Frankly, I don't like using loft to make a nose. Here is a much better tutorial:

This is where I got most of my car-modeling skills. Very useful site I might add. Well, for me that is. I don't know how useful it is for plane modelers.

Current Project: Project Bugatti&&Status: Base Modeling&&Release Date: TBA&&Last Known Release: Shockwave Jet Truck
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print