Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VC Gauges/Backlighting Tutorial - Nick Pike (Read 506 times)
21st May, 2005 at 11:50pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Text copied from Nick's Post of 21 MAY 2005

How to Position Gauges in a Virtual Cockpit and Provide Background Illumination

Hi, I've just added a new tutorial at my site. I'd appreciate if you would read it and see if you understand it. It's a bit long-winded, but has great advantages. The tutorial you are using was mainly from my aircraft that had square gauges with no space between them. The new tutorial provides,
1) Minimum number or Vcockpit sections to maximum framerate,
2) Maximises gauge visual quality.
3) Overcomes the black problem between gauges.
Best thing to do with this method is texture the panel before compiling.
The tutorial is called,
How to Position Gauges in a Virtual Cockpit and Provide Background Illumination.pdf and is on the Tutorial page at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
I'd appreciate feedback. Bill has seen it and has advised some input from a third party that may simplify the method a little. However, I used this method to the letter and it worked great.
Nick

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print