Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS2X.com - Basic XML/Panel Design Tutorials (Read 2428 times)
29th Dec, 2005 at 9:51am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

(repost from the "Tutorials Section"

This is worth repeating - DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THIS SITE!

For the "XML" challenged, this is much more than "just a place to start" ....

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This is just the introduction to the tutorials page...
Quote:
Tutorial Page:

FS2x.com welcomes you to our 'Tutorials Page'. We are currently planning to develop and post a number of tutorials relating to most every aspect of FS9 flight simulation. An example is our first series of tutorials which will be on making gauges for FS9 using XML code (see below). The tutorials series will be presented much like a course, with one section presented every 1 or 2 weeks. A tentative schedule of our first tutorial is presented below. Our hope is that people who are interested will follow along, discuss problems and/or progress with us, and even send us their gauges once made. To see what gauges have been made with help from our tutorials, please go to our 'Students' section.

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 30th Dec, 2005 at 10:11am

nickpike   Offline
Spline Extruder
Always Learning
Cornwall, UK

Thanks Felix for the mention. I've just loaded chapter 4 regarding Radio gauges and settings in the aircraft.cfg file. There will be another one soon on the use of MSFS maps for navigation, etc.
If anyone finds any errors or should like to add any more information, I'll be glad to accomodate them. I'm still on the lookout for any Formatted Text gurus out there who would like to put quill to parchment. However, I have also uploaded a novel XML gauge which produces a text array explaining how the text itself was formatted.
cheers,
nick

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print