Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
21cbp - Gallery (Read 2947 times)
15th Nov, 2006 at 4:50pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

(Thanks to Chuck for pointing out the obvious to me)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: 15th Nov, 2006 at 11:24pm by Felix/FFDS »  

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 15th Nov, 2006 at 5:02pm

foxwolfen   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Thats a darned good idea. Smiley

Now why did I not think of that? Cheesy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 15th Nov, 2006 at 5:03pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

foxwolfen wrote on 15th Nov, 2006 at 5:02pm:
Thats a darned good idea. Smiley

Now why did I not think of that? Cheesy

Read the posts.... you've got a cold and a stuffed head, remember?    Grin Grin

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 16th Nov, 2006 at 2:57am

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

An even better idea.

Its a good thing Chuck is on the ball Grin Cheesy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 15th Jun, 2007 at 5:20pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Has a whole new look

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 15th Jun, 2007 at 7:38pm

Paco Sanchez   Offline
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

Shad, the new videos section is awesome! Lots of work there indeed...

In my monitor, the aspect ratio of the videos seems a little bit off... could it be my monitor resolution?

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 15th Jun, 2007 at 8:13pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Nope. Its not you.

It is me not fully knowing how to work with Flash and AJAX yet (AJAX:  Apache SSI - JavaScript - XML, along with a good dose of MySQL and PHP). It seems the code to resize  the movies if they are non standard is not fully compensating for the odd aspects of the earlier films I made.

It is the the earlier films, where I also did not know what I was fully doing, that are a mess of odd resolutions and encoding that have caused the flash encoder (Riva Encoder, thanks for the HU Bill) to have some other issues with it.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 15th Jun, 2007 at 8:25pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

I do not know if anybody remembers, but I mentioned abotu two years ago that I intended to put a fully working panel on a web page? All I needed was for Browsers to become SVG complient.

Well, most of them are now, so with SVG and AJAX as part of the toolkit, you will be able to fly before you buy, no sim needed. Smiley Heck I might even be able to hook into the running sim live to the web. How cool is that. Distributed flight-simming. No game required, just a web browser.

And people scoff at Flight Gear.. but I gots plans... oh yes.. I gots plans (PS this is a trade secret, copyrighted, trademarked and blessed by Chrishna - No stealing the idea MS, its mine - In fact now that you have all seen this I will have to transport you to my space ship and intern you on Mars for a while (its OK though, I hear Lionheart is working on a Mars sim, you should all be fine)

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 18th Jun, 2007 at 3:36pm

mjahn   Offline
Polygon Twister

foxwolfen wrote on 15th Jun, 2007 at 5:20pm:
Has a whole new look

Lovely collection of vids.

Two suggestions if I may:

1) Why not make the left and right hand column written trailers clickable links also.

2) My IE7 isn't too happy with the scrollable center list. I would much prefer an ordinary list, but don't know how other users feel about it.

Manfred
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 18th Jun, 2007 at 4:00pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Hi Mjahn,

Thanks for the feedback. The links will be done as you ask. Right now I am trying to figure a way to have the same movie triggered from two places into the same player window.

The auto-scrolling list... thank you. I only needed to hear once that I was not alone in my dislike of this feature. It will has already been changed (just now, in the middle of typing this Smiley ).

I am also happy to have some feedback about IE7. When I re-installed my desktop a few weeks ago, I did not install IE7 again as it broke too many needed parts of my system (I tend to replace a lot of applications with my own at the core system level, and IE7 & SP2 (x64) now prevents that from happening).

I am happy that at least IE6 works, as it was completely broken for a while. I knew it was a scaling problem, so I pass it some vars that force it to do as its told. hehehe.

I may repress the list altogether. I am not sure what would be best at this point. Like most things dealing with media production, my experience is limited. I am often just guessing. I am not used to guessing. I am uncomfortable with guessing. I do not play games that involve guessing (or chance). I feel like Spock when he was forced to estimate the timing for the time warp  in ST III. Grin

Paco, you will be happy to see the aspect ratio problem on the connie vid is fixed. I will fix the b17 today.

Cheers
Shad

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 19th Jun, 2007 at 8:39pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Well, it looks to me like I have the presentation layer of the gallery sorted out for the time being. I decided to constrain the size of the box and have it float. I think all flash and browser issues have been addressed, but time will tell. With a coding rate of 360k for each of these films, they look about as good as the best YouTube, with occasional blocking when there is lots of movement in a scene, but not enough to cause anybody to really notice I suspect.

Tests from locations within my own city show the movies will stream smoothly as long as there are not too many people streaming at once (like more than two).

I am also concerned that the server software I have, or perhaps the hardware seems to occasionally bottle neck for no apparent reason. It might be due to the crappy OB nic. I will need to replace that. I am thinking that I should also add anothe nic and connect direct to the server via that card and not the one that connects to the router. I suspect I am saturating the connection with my own activities, as locally I will be using about 90% of the network resources.

Originally I thought this should not make much difference, but then I recalled that this board was prone to packet collisions in Linux (it does not behave well and sends data when its supposed to be in a listen state, causing both it's packet and the other's packet to be resent, and risking another collision).

The other problem is I will need to start filtering the upper ports as I am endlessly bombarded with brute force SSH attacks (zombie comps trying to infect other comps by trying password/login combos). This does not use a lot of bandwidth but it does slow it down as it needs to cope with the endless and rapid login requests. The likely hood of this succeeding is in the trillions of trillions to one when you consider strong encryption and 32 character passwords lengths, so its little more than an endless annoyance.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print