Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
FS-X gmax Sample Aircraft (Read 8208 times)
7th Dec, 2006 at 10:51pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

THanks to Fr. Bill, there is now a sample gmax FS-X aircraft to study!

« Last Edit: 29th Jan, 2011 at 7:56pm by Felix/FFDS »  

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 7th Dec, 2006 at 11:34pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

To give credit where fully due, this MD-83 model was kindly provided by Burkhard Renk from his "AI collection."  I simply added the FSX animations and visibility controls, as well as a sample FSX Material... Wink  Grin

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 8th Dec, 2006 at 6:17am

mthomas935   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks  it will help a lot Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 23rd Jan, 2008 at 5:52pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

whoa this is good!! Grin
i want the old DC-3 gmax source, can anybody pass me the file?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 24th Jan, 2008 at 10:22am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

supersabre wrote on 23rd Jan, 2008 at 5:52pm:
whoa this is good!! Grin
i want the old DC-3 gmax source, can anybody pass me the file?

Hold off - there's a conversion in the works for gmax.  Note that there never has been a "real" gmax DC-3 source file, but the 3DSMax source file included in the SDKs has been the source (pun intended) of a couple of conversions

It should be available at either fsinsider.com, here, or some other authorized place.

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 24th Jan, 2008 at 10:57am

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

Smiley 3dmax is fine too where i find it?, my problem is since i dont have fsx yet (cause my computer probably die if i do so) i cant install the SDK but i'd been looking for that file anywhere, thank you

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 24th Jan, 2008 at 12:33pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

supersabre wrote on 24th Jan, 2008 at 10:57am:
Smiley 3dmax is fine too where i find it?, my problem is since i dont have fsx yet (cause my computer probably die if i do so) i cant install the SDK but i'd been looking for that file anywhere, thank you

You order/buy 3DSMax from either Autodesk directly, or through one of their resellers - presuming you have about US3,500.00 laying around burning a hole in your pocket.  You may be able to qualify for an academic license - about US500....  give or take.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 24th Jan, 2008 at 12:35pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

supersabre wrote on 24th Jan, 2008 at 10:57am:

The Max version of the DC3 is part OF the FSX SDK. If you cannot install the FSX SDK, then you also cannot get to the sample files!  Grin

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 24th Jan, 2008 at 1:03pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

Smiley well lets enjoy the square shaped MD80, and thanks for the reply's

Quote:
You order/buy 3DSMax from either Autodesk directly, or through one of their resellers - presuming you have about US3,500.00 laying around burning a hole in your pocket.  You may be able to qualify for an academic license - about US500....  give or take.

yeah i have a license Mr Felix... ( and im autodesk certified too ) thank you, i was asking about the file  Roll Eyes

Quote:
The Max version of the DC3 is part OF the FSX SDK. If you cannot install the FSX SDK, then you also cannot get to the sample files!  Grin

yah, i know it sir, well ill try later to get it, thanks anyway Bill

*playing happy with MD80 putting some rockets and bombs on it

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 24th Jan, 2008 at 1:26pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

supersabre wrote on 24th Jan, 2008 at 1:03pm:
Smiley well lets enjoy the square shaped MD80, and thanks for the reply's

Quote:
You order/buy 3DSMax from either Autodesk directly, or through one of their resellers - presuming you have about US3,500.00 laying around burning a hole in your pocket.  You may be able to qualify for an academic license - about US500....  give or take.

yeah i have a license Mr Felix... ( and im autodesk certified too ) thank you, i was asking about the file  Roll Eyes

Chuck Jodry and Jonbuoy have converted the DC-3 to gmax.  I see now that you're looking for the DC3 file itself!

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 24th Jan, 2008 at 8:46pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

The file conversions have currently been sent to Microsoft for approval by them for inclusion as part of the SDK and / or on the FSInsider website. Hopefully they will allow FFDS to host the files too, although as Fr Bill has already stated they will still be subject to the SDK's EULA, I would imagine.

Please note that Chuck is in no way responsible for the content of these files, they are solely my fault... Grin

Although thanks to Chuck who did initiate a line of communication between MS/ACES and us here at FFDS on the subject.

Hopefully they will be available before long, and then (perish the thought) one will be able to add, bombs, rockets, alien 'zappers', boy racer stripes or anything else that would take your fancy... Cheesy

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #11 - 19th Feb, 2008 at 7:17pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Any updates on the availability of the gmax version of the DC-3?

Thanks

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 19th Feb, 2008 at 8:01pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

John

I sent Phil Taylor a Zipped version on 30th Jan along with an article on the conversion as per his request. Have heard nothing since, he said he was grateful to receive it before Feb so maybe something to do with lead times. I haven't pestered him as I'm aware he's a busy man but I'll drop another mail if there is still no word by the end of the week.

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #13 - 19th Feb, 2008 at 10:32pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

TEll him we;ll host it if teh Microsoft Server is too busy....  after all, fsinsider links to this site for the "sample" aircraft...

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 9th Jun, 2010 at 1:17am

BrandonF   Offline
Point Pusher
The Future of Flight
Earth...Duh!!!

Download link's not working for the samples. I guess due to the recent .com to .org change?

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU  E7200 @ 2.53GHz | 4GB RAM | two NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT | Windows 7 64 bit | FSX Acceleration
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print