Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
FS9: 4mm weld in VC workaround? (Read 12376 times)
Reply #30 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 11:09pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
YaBB Moderator
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Too bad that this won't help GMax'ers though, since there's no bloody .x files to edit!  Cry
« Last Edit: 29th Jun, 2010 at 11:39pm by Fr. Bill »  

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #31 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 11:28pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

But it does help FSDS Luddites!!

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #32 - 10th Jun, 2010 at 5:59am

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

I wanted to add onto this....
the previous code in Frametransformmatrix
Code:
FrameTransformMatrix {
	  16.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 0.00E+00,
	  0.00E+00, 16.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 0.00E+00,
	  0.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 16.00E+00, 0.00E+00,
	  0.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 1.00E+00;;
    }

needs to read
Code:
FrameTransformMatrix {
	  16.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 0.00E+00,
	  0.00E+00, 16.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 0.00E+00,
	  0.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 16.00E+00, 0.00E+00,
	  0.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 0.00E+00, 16.00E+00;;
    }

The 16 needs to be added to that last line instead of the 1. If you do it this way, the eye point remains the same, and no further adjustment needs to be made, except for Chuck's addition with AFCAD. If you do it the previous way, the eye point will move the entire VC as it is adjusted.

IP Logged

Reply #33 - 25th Jun, 2010 at 8:26pm

lionheart   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Phoenix Arizona

So.....

Absolutely no way to do this in Gmax?  no way at all?

Bill

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #34 - 29th Jun, 2010 at 5:02am

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Bill, while I do not know how Gmax compiles, I would think you would still be able to hand edit the .x file and .asm file. as long as you have those ticks marked in Makemdl.

IP Logged

Reply #35 - 29th Jun, 2010 at 11:39am

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

I think you are right Nate.

I had seen that Fr. Bill wrote there was no way for Gmaxers' and I think he meant 'Maxers' instead, as you can assign the various files to not be erased after compilation via Model Commander in the Gmax/FS9 sdk route.  I examined it myself and saw I had the necessary files.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #36 - 29th Jun, 2010 at 2:12pm

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Embarrassed Wow! I was right about something! Wahoo! Grin

IP Logged

Reply #37 - 29th Jun, 2010 at 11:40pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
YaBB Moderator
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

I did indeed mean "Max'ers"... Corrected earlier post.

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #38 - 5th Jul, 2010 at 11:18pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Roger that Bill and thanks.

I figured it out.  Max people cannot get the 'asm' while Gmax'ers can.  Too bad we cant make a nice compiler like Gmax has for the Max users, and one that can do FS9 as well.

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #39 - 12th Jul, 2010 at 6:45am

mvg3d   Offline
Point Pusher
Athens - Greece

Quote:
Wozza was refering to a method that requires one massivly rescale the VC and then modify the asm  in notepad
before compiling , i repost the text in question and a link to the thread.

what started it of was this message by Luka
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register um=1134887975;start=8#8
I didnt get the gist of what Luka was saying until I tried it,Il explain what I did
Ok Ive split my project in to 2 projects external and VC model
I then scale the VC up by a factor of 16,in fsds3 when you use  the scale plugin it scales all models,animations ect in the project ie the reason for 2 separate projects.
external model no scale up VC scale X16

I then export each project to an xfile(I have to do this as I need to hand edit the xfile to fix texture issues with fsds3) the exterior  I save as projname.x then the VC I call projname_interior.x
now I move these to the folder I have makemdl.exe in and drag and drop one of the xfiles onto makemdl, check/uncheck my preferred options in makemdl(keep all files is a must so you get to the asm files) also check lod tab to see if both xfiles have loaded then compile.

when finished I delete the mdl as we only want the asm files makemdl generates
in the makemdl folder you should see 3 asm files projname.asm,projname_0.asm and projname_1.asm
open projname.asm in notepad and look for

SUPER_SCALE  no_model,0,0,6
VINSTANCE_CALL  model_inside,AIRCRAFT_PARAMS.llapbh.pbh
change the 0,0,6 to 0,0,2 and save
(there is only one instance of the model_inside but make sure its the one you change)
now drag and drop projname.asm file onto BGLC_9.exe ( you must  have the copy of it in my makemdl folder as the asm files all have paths in them)
it will now compile again (takes the same time as makemdl would) when finished you end up with a file called projname.bgl
rename it to projname.mdl and drop it into the aircrafts model folder
fire up fs9 and have a look to see all looks fine ..BUT  you will notice that the aircraft is very tiny in the menu window you can fix this by using afcad,
in the tool tab you will find an aircraft editor which allows you to change the aircraft size use this to fix the menu display problem
or you can hexedt the mdl (which I find easier)  

So basically what this duz is scale the vc up so even 1mm points are now 16mm appart.The weld function for the VC
is done as the ASM files are generated,as all the points are 16mm appart no welding is done.Then when you edit the asm file your telling the compiler to rescale all the VC parts back to their normal size.I have no idea how X16 and a scale change to 2 works out but it works  
(same for meters and feet btw)
its a bit of work but once youve done it once its  a piece of cake  

wozza

Hi Friends,
This method works fine...... BUT I have still a problem:
In VC view I cannot see the lights........Do You have a solution for this?
Huh Huh Huh Huh

Manuele&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #40 - 12th Jul, 2010 at 1:04pm

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

hmmm...Haven't had that problem yet...

IP Logged

Reply #41 - 12th Jul, 2010 at 8:28pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

mvg3d wrote on 12th Jul, 2010 at 6:45am:
Hi Friends,
This method works fine...... BUT I have still a problem:
In VC view I cannot see the lights........Do You have a solution for this?
Huh Huh Huh Huh

Hi have a look at reply 27 (page 2)
I dont know why some ppl are having this issue as its not logical Cheesy
all your doing is scaling up all the parts before welding the VC then scaling them back down during the final compile.

Wozza

« Last Edit: 20th Dec, 2010 at 8:37am by Au-MaV »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print