Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Citation Sovereign, a boolean adventure (Read 27781 times)
11th Mar, 2007 at 7:58pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
visible in range

.... anyone seen a three view for this here Citation  ? , looks ok  over a series of pics and mapped to the mesh
but i need  to double check with a good set of drawings .... Felix , Fr Bill , Membership at large
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
The help would be apreciated in bringing this popular model out as a freeware project
« Last Edit: 14th Apr, 2007 at 3:01pm by Chuck Jodry »  

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11th Mar, 2007 at 8:46pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Checketh thy (FFDS Forum Listed) e-mail.

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11th Mar, 2007 at 11:09pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

That one I dont have. 

But...   I see the owner of the worlds LARGEST collection of 3 views 'does', as always...   

Must be one huge collection of books....

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 11th Mar, 2007 at 11:14pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Dang! That's some mighty fine looking mesh there!  Cool

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 12th Mar, 2007 at 4:21am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Many thanks Felix you are indispensable , its funny that i can find 1500 photos of the interior , exterior , 360 degree quicktime panoramic views and not one 3 view showed up in a search ... anyhoo thanks for the " leg up " Gents.
I had been working on another design by Dr Raymer but decided one "concept " aircraft was enough for the moment and poking around showed there were no examples of this particular aircraft available .
I promised myself to take my time with this model after having blown through the last pair in a month it will be good to have some documentation to work from on what should be a popular model if i manage to throw everything
i learned over the last year and a half into its creation  .....shamefully its the passenger that seems to be bearing
the brunt of speculative code with the last XML passing through my mind a conditional display of the day of the week
being readable ... on her undies ,    and on a more plebeian note how to go about getting cabin monitors to display stuff

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 12th Mar, 2007 at 8:11am

JerryG   Offline
Polygon Twister
pushing verticies is theraputic
Seattle, Washington

Chuck,
Might I suggest "Jane's All the world Aircraft". You can usually find it in the reference section of a library. I have a paper copy of the Citation and that's where I got it.  Smiley

Jerry

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 12th Mar, 2007 at 8:57am

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

Quote:
the brunt of speculative code with the last XML passing through my mind a conditional display of the day of the week being readable ... on her undies

So what would be the 'conditions' (apart from the day of the week) that would make this 'display' become manifest.?

I suppose owning a Citation would help... Grin

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 12th Mar, 2007 at 9:01am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

JerryG wrote on 12th Mar, 2007 at 8:11am:
Chuck,
Might I suggest "Jane's All the world Aircraft". You can usually find it in the reference section of a library. I have a paper copy of the Citation and that's where I got it.  Smiley

Jerry  

Jerry - Stop giving away trade secrets!  Let 'em believe I conjure up these things!

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 12th Mar, 2007 at 9:25am

JerryG   Offline
Polygon Twister
pushing verticies is theraputic
Seattle, Washington

LOL.....Sorry........  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 12th Mar, 2007 at 11:57am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

If i must trade a secret , i figured that crossing and uncrossing her legs would provide conditional dislpay of the text.
we will see what flying inverted does when the time comes

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 12th Mar, 2007 at 1:37pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

LOLOL.......

Get your mind back on Poly's..   not Pollies....

Grin

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 13th Mar, 2007 at 10:19am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Getting my dirty mind  on topic i set about drilling holes

Contrary to most my boolean cuts always get done on editable mesh no exeptions

Interior and exterior fuse were one part and the other a cut out plug was a series of tubes attached together.
Alternate cuts produced the windows with seperate inside/outside and interior frames plus the glass
the doors and door frames and two emergency exits also have framed glass .
The inner and outer frames have been mapped to the exterior fuse bitmap but so as to be able to see them
i shaded them grey , on the aircraft there are an assortment of things to be painted on these depending on position

Mapping the preliminary texture through uvmapper pro to get the bitmap started
the doors and exits needed only to have the  uv fuse mapping copied and pasted into the stack with about a second
apiece and one right mouse click needed to line things up perfectly.

To get enough mesh into the fuse i made a tube of 64 sides and 32 length segments and then cloned it reducing
the sides to 32 , converting to mesh i chopped out the bits of the 64 sided tube that were low rez or had no windows and then chopped the 32 sided tube up into a filler welding the results back together and resetting the X Form
before colapsing the stack and forming the mesh with floor inner walls ,doors and windows all chopped out of a single mesh that gets cloned three times along with the cut plug for a series of 3 boolean operations .. after this stage i always keep a copy of the fuse cutplug handy for trimming off the ends of inside components so they fit the shape perfectly .
At some point i will chop  the fuse up into bits for interior mapping and paste them pack together.
The wings and tail await.....there i go again thinking about tail .... tisk tisk

Welding the post boolean mesh and the least touch of smoothing were added at the subobject level with the results
a perfect chopjob without a single polygon out of order

« Last Edit: 13th Mar, 2007 at 3:14pm by Chuck Jodry »  

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 13th Mar, 2007 at 8:26pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Very nice Boolean cut, Chuck.  Came out nice and smooth.

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 14th Mar, 2007 at 3:50pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

After adding the wings i noted how hard it is to see anything on a strait white background and so i tried light blue,
leading to the conclusion  try gold , black and crome for the next test once a tail section is completed.
The wings have had the flaps and ailerons cut out without post boolean artifacts , the crome leading edge is painted
on the texture for the moment with the whole texture having alpha reflections in differing amounts.. i like the shine
but am not leaving this bird blue

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 14th Mar, 2007 at 9:58pm

N2056   Offline
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

Most Impressive...I'm amazed at how quickly you're putting these projects together!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print