Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Citation Sovereign, a boolean adventure (Read 27544 times)
Reply #15 - 15th Mar, 2007 at 7:06pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
visible in range

Due to control problems i added the tail , rudder and elevators ... also noticed a lack of acceleration hence the engines seemed a worthwhile addition.. better get some wheels on this soon so i can land.
The interior will come soon with the center of the front window first on my list , funny what drives a guy nuts but
that element missing does just that

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 15th Mar, 2007 at 7:19pm

Paco Sanchez   Offline
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

That's fast indeed, and result is beautiful!

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #17 - 15th Mar, 2007 at 8:09pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Geewhizz i thought i was taking my time and not letting anything substandard get by  , a recent example available as freeware is easy to outclass due to the mangled mesh , the payware Citation X is on the otherhand is a masterwork and going to take some fancy footwork to emulate .
I wanted to produce one of those models that gets used often on low end machines and has a paint kit included
so the VA's have a nice new toy available to those who cant or wont afford themselves the payware version
because of low end machines or a low budget.  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: 15th Mar, 2007 at 10:12pm by Chuck Jodry »  

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 16th Mar, 2007 at 1:43am

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Nice work Chuck..

For some reason, James Bond comes to mind..     Gold Finger.........  The man with the Goldennnnnnnnnnn plane...

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 16th Mar, 2007 at 6:37am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

An MI6 paint sceme is worth thinking about , although by the time this is fully textured the alpha channel will probably
be toned down a notch or two in order to tone down the reflections to something like one finds in a gold flake paint job.
But i will wait until all of the parts are on the bitmap first so i only need to doctor the alpha once.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 17th Mar, 2007 at 2:48pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

While doing some research on this projest i came across this on the Cessna home page , the rest of the paint sceme and exactly the right shade of gold to use.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 17th Mar, 2007 at 4:17pm

JerryG   Offline
Polygon Twister
pushing verticies is theraputic
Seattle, Washington

Your cessna is comming along great. I like the gold scheme. Is the Cessna on thier homepage really gold or does it just appear that way because it in a sunset????  I have been looking for a decentfreeware Cessna X for awhile. I had gathered paper infor on it but decided I had enough projects on my plate so relegated it to the ToDo list.  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 17th Mar, 2007 at 4:51pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Thanks for looking in , that shot was the first thing i saw here Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register as for website production they have the full package .. worth the time if you got some to spare

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 18th Mar, 2007 at 8:51pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Booleans .... more booleans and still more booleans the gear needed holes to hide in , 
textures are getting to the tone i saw in the photo "sunset gold"  plenty to do yet but the contact points are done
and it has some wheels

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 18th Mar, 2007 at 11:46pm

pcbroken   Offline
Spline Extruder
Trying to move vertices.
Only trying though.
Bogota, Colombia

I'm not so sure about the engines Chuck. They look both too small and quite itchy on the shadowing.

Regards&&Juan Sebastián González
IP Logged

Reply #25 - 19th Mar, 2007 at 12:42pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

You'd be right about that and aside from thrust reversers they were bereft of innerds , so the mesh has been massaged

" prop " disks  installed  a tad of smoothing  for good measure and last but not least a smidge of rotation .
Should have done it sooner but i kept on cutting out the fuse for so long i forgot , then contact points,  color choices
you know how it goes .
Any one else has a idea or concern the time to fix these is now before getting on with the doors and detailed mapping of frames and control surfaces and wiggly bits so let em rip .. thanks in advance CJ

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 19th Mar, 2007 at 9:00pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Well one concern i had was the gold was not going anywhere and sterling had a bit more potential for painting on

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 20th Mar, 2007 at 11:43am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

I had a good time with the trio of Photoshop , Paintshop Pro and Max running through the exterior parts list and filling
out one 1024 to about 85% full .
The outside looks about as flashy as i hoped  with room left for some logo on the tail section , also completed were
all the flaps and control surface animations and installing a Spada panel for the 2d means a bit of flight testing was in order.

In the old days this meant the endgame was at hand but for this we can now move on to the VC ! !
The model with cabin walls , floor , doors and windows ready as mesh to be mapped with the extertior more or less complete contains just over 20,000 poly's .

Later Edit after going through my cabin photo selection and sticking one in the model
about where i need to produce those same bits , with this to work from it saves guessing about scale and rendering
the results of the VC panel produces the 2D bitmap as an exact match

« Last Edit: 20th Mar, 2007 at 4:08pm by Chuck Jodry »  

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 20th Mar, 2007 at 2:51pm

JerryG   Offline
Polygon Twister
pushing verticies is theraputic
Seattle, Washington

Looking Good Chuck!!!!   Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 21st Mar, 2007 at 12:08pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

The first peek inside the window at the drawing of the interior and its texture set now underway was a great moment,
i always was into the interior of any model and this was the first mapped part alond with the drop floor .
At the same time the seat textures were drawn along with all rear cabin furniture elements on a bitmap
256x512 shaped like that so i could tile the repeated lights and wall segments with much better resolution on a tiny
map

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print