Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Citation Sovereign, a boolean adventure (Read 28910 times)
Reply #90 - 10th Apr, 2007 at 5:16pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Quote:
I thank you for the encouragement gents , it helps a great deal as have the dimentional drawings from the Good Friar.
The cockpit looks even better but you will note i never post picks of it for some reason .... suprise perhaps ?

Hmmmm - you've found a place for the beer cooler?

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #91 - 10th Apr, 2007 at 7:37pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Quote:
wonder what they look like on one of Fr.Bills birds )

Wow! Nice stairs, Chuck!  A bit o'nice texture and they'll be fabulous... Wink

Here's the stairs on the XLS in FSX:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #92 - 10th Apr, 2007 at 8:39pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Felix that would not be needed the cabin's bar is fully stocked and for what its worth i only drink a single malt
by the name of "the Macallan" that i pick up in New York because they don't have the overproof classic matured in sherry casks in Quebec  , they do have the oak aged version but its not every thing i look for in a wee dramm....
anyway it provides a great reason to drive through New Hampshire once in a while
( off to the cabinet he goes )

Back to the Citation (hic), thanks for the Lil'looksee Fr.Bill i can see a bit of shading is in order as you noted Wink

Today's task was to add  taxi , logo and landing lights with the rest of them on tap for tomorrow .
The exterior texture work is about the last stage of this operation , i found a corner of the exterior. bmp where
i could fit in the stairs and finishing those will provide a perfect diversion from the gauges .

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #93 - 12th Apr, 2007 at 12:00am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

The above space represents what one gets when the Lite switch gets pushed , an instant  20,000 poly reduction
with most of the decorative bits going  " POOF" .
Dealt with the problems associated with model complexity and framerates in short order for those low end computers.
The other details like lights and staircase textures also complete i am sure itching to get some people in the picture
so the next part will have boobs  Roll Eyes

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #94 - 12th Apr, 2007 at 9:33am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

The virgin mesh wears a Mona Lisa smile  Kiss

IP Logged

Reply #95 - 12th Apr, 2007 at 1:38pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

The same girl with a bit of makeup , 1100 poly's of polly

IP Logged

Reply #96 - 12th Apr, 2007 at 4:31pm

Paco Sanchez   Offline
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

That's really good for only 1100 polys. A wise modelling indeed!

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #97 - 12th Apr, 2007 at 7:32pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Shocked New Digs  Smiley thanks Felix , nice of you and unexpected.

IP Logged

Reply #98 - 12th Apr, 2007 at 7:56pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Time for a night flight to pleasure myself , pushed enough polly for the moment  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #99 - 12th Apr, 2007 at 11:29pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Very nice work on your lady Chuck!

I know how difficult they can be getting those to have low poly counts.  You really have to flip them around while reducing the poly structure complexities, as they can have bad shadows from certain angles.  My German pilot got some odd wrinkles in his pants 'after' the Optimization.  (Didnt notice 'during' the process).

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #100 - 13th Apr, 2007 at 6:03am

JerryG   Offline
Polygon Twister
pushing verticies is theraputic
Seattle, Washington

I was wondering how long we were going to have to make this thread before you got your own forum  Grin Nice work Chuck Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #101 - 14th Apr, 2007 at 5:29pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

A gent can break a real sweat pushing polly's but in the end its a mans work after all .... Roll Eyes
Now that she is fully dressed i can think of a few more animating ideas for the dear girl.
I managed to get the entire load on one 512 X 512 bitmap and the final count was a passable 3500 polly's , not bad for a figure of that complexity.

IP Logged

Reply #102 - 16th Apr, 2007 at 11:56am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

One down and the copilot to go i decided that a reading a book would be fitting to a middle aged VIP .
The animations have her turning the page once the book is lowered with her eyes scanning the text  and a brief
glance up at the pilot after turning her head towards the cabin .

6 Tick18's did the job and brought the .MDL to over 5 meg's

IP Logged

Reply #103 - 16th Apr, 2007 at 1:41pm

Paco Sanchez   Offline
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

Does she also start to laugh uncontrolled after the third glass of wine?  Grin

I't amazing what you're doing, Chuck!

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #104 - 16th Apr, 2007 at 2:06pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

No bling?

Sacre bleu! Est-ce que elle n'avait pas des bijoux?
« Last Edit: 16th Apr, 2007 at 5:11pm by Felix/FFDS »  

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print