Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ok Andy!  Lets here it.... (Read 3235 times)
12th Mar, 2007 at 7:12pm

lionheart   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Phoenix Arizona

Ok Andy,

Lets here your cool idea's and questions on Missions for FSX....

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12th Mar, 2007 at 8:16pm

andyjohnston.net   Offline
Good Grief

Well, the first issue (and main one) I have is the Never Ending Mission.

Essentially, my mission never comes to an end, despite a series of events which should, as far as I can see, make it stop.

What I've got is

PropertyTrigger
    Dialogue
    ObjectActivation
         AirportLandingTrigger
              Dialogue
              GrantReward
              GoalResolutionAction
                   Goal

Right after takeoff, when the aircraft reaches 20' AGL, it fires a dialogue action, and also an object activation action, which activates the AirportLandingTrigger (I tried just having the AirportLanding active from the start, but couldn't get that to work either.)

When landing, it should fire another dialogue, grant the reward, then fire the goal resolution, and consider the mission over, but it never gets to this part.  It's like it doesn't recognize anything having to do with landing at the airport (yes, checked the code is right.)

Any thoughts?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 13th Mar, 2007 at 1:40am

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Does this code require you to be in a 'certain' aircraft?

Also, like in doing AI flight plans, what happens if you are late?  Perhaps there is a time element issue.  (Happens to me on AI flightplans alot).

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 13th Mar, 2007 at 5:17pm

Good Grief

The mission starts in the 172, and like all missions, you are expected to fly it in the same aircraft.

It's a very simple mission,  there are no real time issues, certainly not with the landing.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 14th Mar, 2007 at 3:09am

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

hmm.....   This has me interested now.. 

Time to pour through the SDK.

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 14th Mar, 2007 at 5:02pm

Good Grief

Yes, I've been reading through the SDK too, and as far as I can see from the tutorial mission, what I've created should work.  I've also been able to look at the source code of one or two other missions, and what I've got is similar to what they have.  But still no go.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 18th Mar, 2007 at 1:30pm

Good Grief

Well, I'm still fighting with this.

I created an AirportLandingTrigger at another field, to see if I was doing those correctly.  It worked.

I tried creating another goal and goal resolution action in the mission, which would make one of the goals just getting off of the ground. That worked too.

So making a full stop landing at the desired airport should trigger the goalResolution, which would activate the goal, and give the reward.  But it doesn't...

Ack!

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 19th Mar, 2007 at 6:58pm

Good Grief

I got this figured out the other day, I used an AreaLandingTrigger instead of an AirportLandingTrigger.  I also figured out how play with the mission compass and pointer, but it still doesn't grant the darn reward.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 19th Mar, 2007 at 9:43pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Thats great news that you got it to finally recognise the airport, Andy.

I am embarrassed though that I havent been much help.  I have been a bit dragged down with this project I have going.  I do check this page nightly though.

Is it possible to post the code for the mission?

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 20th Mar, 2007 at 5:01pm

Good Grief

No.  Unforetunately the 5500 character limit cuts off the code quite a bit before the end.

Even this short mission is 300+ lines of XML.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 28th Mar, 2007 at 2:26pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Dang..................!

Sounds massively intense...

You know what might be cool is to set up templates.

You could make missions that have 'this' or 'that' and all one would have to do is go in and change certain sections, plane, times, and you are done.  (And as I write this, I'll bet that is the way its designed already, lol.. )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print