Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
" Dambuster " (Read 25394 times)
Reply #90 - 14th Jul, 2007 at 10:53am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
visible in range

Animated the turrets and gunfire effect , in the first pick you can just make out the tracer  these can be aimed
and go where the guns are pointed.
The guns & turret are operated from the cockpit or the turret by dragging with the mouse and in spot plane mode with your keyboard,  gunfire is rigged to the brakes and fires above 20 feet . no gauges or lighting effects busses are used

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #91 - 14th Jul, 2007 at 6:45pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

It's a given that you're very good at rigging effects.

What stunned me this time around was the textures that you had on the guns in the turret. Incredible. 

May I make a slight suggestion.

Consider putting a black or dark gray layer over the gun textures and putting the transparency at 30 percent. That way you can still see all the detail but it won't look like there's a spot light shining in the turret.

Excellent work

IP Logged

Reply #92 - 16th Jul, 2007 at 6:49pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

The bouncing bomb bounces, the missed shot falls to the surface with a splat.. now to figure out a splash effect

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #93 - 17th Jul, 2007 at 8:53am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

! Smiley!

IP Logged

Reply #94 - 24th Jul, 2007 at 2:59pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

I know that it don't look like much but the aiming lights required some thought to set up and have work in all views
including the 2d , varie the beam at different altitudes and make it go away in the day.
At any rate the lights were about the last part on the exterior model for this version.

IP Logged

Reply #95 - 27th Jul, 2007 at 1:49pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

As a sign of the exterior parts being completed for this version a stop in photo shop for the 9 layer of engine grime
and on the decal level the final safety warnings and the fasteners are added

IP Logged

Reply #96 - 27th Jul, 2007 at 4:25pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Looking very sharp, Chuck!  Cool

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #97 - 7th Sep, 2007 at 6:19am

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

I looked on the SSA website and there's no mention of the Dam Buster video contest except one post back in May announcing the contest. With all the activity of moving you and your family to Montreal - were you able to get an entry finished ?

IP Logged

Reply #98 - 7th Sep, 2007 at 7:30am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Malgre tout non , I got so wrapped up with moving i have not booted 3DS for three weeks.
The time will soon come when all the setup is done and i will get back into the beat , but i sill have finish
configuring / loading software onto a new pair of machines but its getting there with FS9/FSX having been loaded last night , all the updates up and running .

I had not expected to see my old place/life to have " rolled over " fast as it did , and so adapting to a new routine will take some time ... i cant say for the moment when i will get this finished but being that its about the only job i have i really should get back to work ... its been a month of distractions.

IP Logged

Reply #99 - 21st Sep, 2007 at 7:09pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

The “Interlude “of real world preoccupations have become manageable and allow the virtual to again hold sway,
Had a flight or two on the servers using both FS9 and FSX with tile proxy and have finally got all of the software
used to build these models running in harmony with Vista in their new home a HP m8120n.
The plane had gotten to the three quarter point and much of what was left falls under the heading of scatology
and gauge work that i relish equally but the project must get finished to justify the work already done .
None the less there are a couple of versions with the " special " loads this particular Lancaster used to deliver
to spice up the diet and when i was doing the code for the bouncing bomb i also did the high altitude drop
animations.
Back to work Wink

IP Logged

Reply #100 - 22nd Sep, 2007 at 8:14pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Did you happen to notice the post that I put over in the SSA video forum - asking about the video contests?

I got the same old answer about the announcement of the winner of the second contest - "I'm busy with other things - I'll get to it soon."

About the music video contest - no entries

About the Dam Buster video contest - no entries. Interesting was the comment that the head guy knows someone who works with Peter Jackson and he was hoping to use that contact to ask Peter Jackson if he might judge the contest entries, since he's working on a re-make of the Dam Buster movie.  Nothing came of it.

But there is a promise that there will be more video contests in the future - with broader themes.

I hope you finish your movie, as I'd very much like to see it. You mentioned long ago that you called veterns on the phone to get their input. I hope you were able to record the calls. Anything that incorporates what they have to say would be of a value far greater than any machinima video yet made.

After having struggled with aircraft animations the last few days I'm even more impressed with what you've been able to do with the Lancaster. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your labors.

IP Logged

Reply #101 - 22nd Sep, 2007 at 10:26pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Good to hear from you John and as to SSA i have not logged on to the site in some time , doing something with the
collected material is going to take some thought having missed the deadline the motivations are different.
Strange sort of thrill getting back into the saddle again , getting around the problems and limits of the platform seems to be part of the reward ... and it a good thing because it looks tough to make a buck doing this so it must be for love ..

IP Logged

Reply #102 - 23rd Sep, 2007 at 12:03am

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Well it seems other aviation video sites are popping up all over. It seems avsim and simviation each have their own video sections now. Even the folks at airshowbuzz are having a video contest with a SUV as the grand prize. So your potential audience is growing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print