Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
" Dambuster " (Read 23530 times)
Reply #75 - 19th Jun, 2007 at 5:57pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
visible in range

Getting tuned in and the engineers panel

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #76 - 20th Jun, 2007 at 4:23pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

« Last Edit: 20th Jun, 2007 at 11:15pm by Chuck Jodry »  

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #77 - 21st Jun, 2007 at 8:25pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

The bombsight took an hour to do , and about 20 minutes to figure out how to do it without transparent bitmaps
and a thousand poly's yet be photo real ... something new in modeling and will come in handy for all sorts of things
any guesses ?

IP Logged

Reply #78 - 22nd Jun, 2007 at 6:38am

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

My guess - you first map the photo of the bombsight onto a poly the size ratio of the photo. Then using that as a template you create a polygon that's just the shape of the bombsite. Then you use the UVW tool that lets you take the uvw values from one object and assign it to another. You should end up with a polygon that's textured with the photo of the bombsight and you don't use any transparencies.

IP Logged

Reply #79 - 22nd Jun, 2007 at 6:55am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Mapped the pic to a plane , converted to editable patch and boolean with shaped boxes using cut remove inside
as the setting until there was only the sight left ... i did not want to have any of those strange effects fsx has with
transparent bitmaps behind clouds or smoke

IP Logged

Reply #80 - 25th Jun, 2007 at 8:41pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

We had the Fete du Quebec over weekend with any number of distractions to keep me away from Max until today
when i chucked a few more parts into the interior , the last of the frame work , spars and bulkheads are done and
what remains to be modeled are oxegen bottles , ammo tracks and more wires .. fun, fun, fun !

IP Logged

Reply #81 - 27th Jun, 2007 at 11:56pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

May i present Wing commander Guy Penrose Gibson . VC, DFC, DSO , leader of the mission and pilot of this Lancaster

The head is a low poly model  with minor alterations and repaints should allow for me to crew the model, the only trick
i built in so far is he blinks ... should be kinda spooky in the sim when crew members do that

This is a pic of WC Gibson
« Last Edit: 29th Jun, 2007 at 8:49pm by Chuck Jodry »  

IP Logged

Reply #82 - 28th Jun, 2007 at 11:16pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Now fully dressed and with the rest of his parts i can get to animating the steering colum and arm movements,
i don't bother animating the legs and feet anymore because i won't put the pilots in the vc due to viewpoint problems with the eyepoint ending up inside the head and i loose the ability to click on stuff

IP Logged

Reply #83 - 29th Jun, 2007 at 5:11pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Doing a bit o bitmappin , and another screentest 50 feet above the sea.. looks real and that is what i want for this video

IP Logged

Reply #84 - 29th Jun, 2007 at 6:46pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Some might complain that your pilot doesn't look like Richard Todd  Smiley But I won't be one of them. Good work as usual.

I just did a quick search on Todd to make sure I spelled the name right and had the proper actor. What an interesting career he's had. He did in real life the part he played in the movie, The Longest Day. Incredible. According to Wikkiepedia - He's still living somewhere in England. Who knows, he might get to see your movie.

IP Logged

Reply #85 - 3rd Jul, 2007 at 8:04pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

After rendering all of the panels and pasting the results in place of the modeled parts and chopping out the unseen elements from inside this is my first look at the exterior model in the sim , again lucky with a clean and trouble free export after piling on the parts , it looks identical to the above shot that was done in 3DS with a sea and sky i produced in Bryce

IP Logged

Reply #86 - 3rd Jul, 2007 at 10:25pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

remarkable

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #87 - 10th Jul, 2007 at 1:50pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Not beyond a bit of work on the cockpit and flight testing, about the only addition to the exterior model was the prop animation for the controls in the cockpit .

IP Logged

Reply #88 - 11th Jul, 2007 at 9:07pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

IP Logged

Reply #89 - 12th Jul, 2007 at 4:44pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Todays contribution brings it down to one gauge and a switch to go on the panel , but it flies well enough without

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print