Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Operation Valkyrie goes Beta today (Read 2438 times)
22nd May, 2007 at 7:29pm

lionheart   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Phoenix Arizona

Operation Valkyrie finally goes Beta today...

<--- wipes sweat from forehead...             Smiley

A quick glimpes into the 260 megs of scenery and planes and missions......  (thats zipped)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Bill

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 22nd May, 2007 at 7:53pm

N2056   Offline
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

Outstanding video!

Congratulations on reaching this milestone. This looks like it's going to be fun... Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 22nd May, 2007 at 8:13pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Hope it does well Bill C.J

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 22nd May, 2007 at 8:36pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Many thanks guys.  My longest, most carried away project yet.  

I wanted the package to put you 'in' Germany 'in' WWII and have all the elements of the surroundings 'going on' around you, like Opel trucks, Lufthansa airliners flying about, Gigants landing at German airbases, etc.  I wish I could get my Me-163 Komets to work.  For some reason, they just sit there, lol..    Supposed to fly 400+ knots at FL 20,0 for 100 miles, lol.

For Shad and John, I figured out an excellent way to film an airfield.  You can slew in automated 'set' speeds, entered into the arrow keys when 'in' slew mode.  Thus, you can cut sideways accross an airfield, filming it at say three clicks of right arrow.  Gives you a smooth 'track' speed, just like a camera on a track during a movie shooting.

If you have rudder pedals (like in your joystick controls) you can pivot your sideways trajectory, thus making a circle or spiral around your photo target, dependent on speed of course, and if, during the spiral shot, you click the 'Q' button a time or two, your camera (vehicle in slew mode in panel mode with zero panel showing) will then begin a gentle ascent which makes for some cool shots.  (Kind of looks like those ones they do in drone remote camera ship helo's now).

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 22nd May, 2007 at 11:42pm

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

Wow... really.

Great stuff Bill!

Jose.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 27th May, 2007 at 7:22pm

Paco Sanchez   Offline
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

Great Bill! Congratulations.

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 30th May, 2007 at 7:20am

mjahn   Offline
Polygon Twister

Stunning shots of planes and scenery (those benches are oddly effective), this is really a bit of live history that you might wish to sell to a museum!

I kept expecting your formation of He111s to turn up, you know, taken with Gunnar Daehling's FSCamera, approaching from a distance and thundering overhead? Wow!

Very effective music, too. The Nazis didn't actually like Orff's Carmina Burana, put it on the index in fact. But this may just be what the project needs, overtones of a revolution ... (BTW, the typical  battlefield music preferred the Nazis was Liszt's Les Preludes). 

Please Sir, can we have some more?

Manfred
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 30th May, 2007 at 1:58pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Thanks guys,

MJahn,

The gamepack is indeed based on 'rebellion' where the group in Germany tried to overtake the nazi party in a single day, and succeeded for 6+ hours, running Berlin.  A 'fence setting' Field Marshal dropped the ball though from fear and failed to initiate 'all' plans while von Stauffenberg was in-flight back to Berlin from Poland, (three hour flight back then).  They would have saved a great amount of human lives.

The gamepack is about ready for launch, at least for the FS9 version.  FSX is having problems with 'ground flattening' at the various airfields.

I think that what really brings this to life (as well as the 65 saved flight missions that you ingress through a 'fly now' on various missions HTML pages), is the scenery and 'running' AI traffic.  Junkers incoming, Heinkels flying over, Buckers taking off, a fuel truck passing by.  Really pulls you into the era.

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 3rd Jun, 2007 at 6:29pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Wowsers... outstanding.

Will put this on the front page right away. Looks amazing.

Can you provide me point form details of the following?

General release concept (what is it in your words)

What state of completeness?

Where best to follow release progress?

Got a screenshot I can use?

Cheers
Shad

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 3rd Jun, 2007 at 8:32pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Hey Shad,

That is a hard question, to define it all.  I'll try to put it in a small definition.

Its a science-Fiction-interactive-sim-game based on an actual historical event that is played through 65 missions in FS.

In detail;
It is a huge gamepack featuring a Bucker Bu-181 Bestman, Messerschmitt Me-323, Grunau Gliders, Kubelwagens, a German U-Boot, 11 airfields and airbases from Germany, through Italy, to North Africa, has a U-Boot base, and a huge Missions center in Media format (HTML with screenshots, various background songs and effects, etc), a Manuals information center on the various forms of transportation, a Airfields info center also, and the 65 detailed mission pages with 'Fly Now' buttons that take you directly into the flight, bypassing the standard FS bootup jaunt.

Detailed transportation
Bu-181..............10 models....................14 texture packs...............5 AI texture packs
Me-323...............4 models.....................4 texture packs.................4 AI texture packs
Kubelwagen........1 model.......................3 texture packs
Type VII-C U-Boot.....1 model.................1 paint scheme           (Dives, working periscope, diesel fumes, soundpack)
Grunau Glider......2 models......................3 paint schemes..............1 tow plane variant with matching Bucker nationalities

*AI texture pack.............Reduced size textures for high performance AI low poly variants of these planes.

AI Traffic;
Junkers Ju-52 3m....1 model.....................4 texture packs
Me-109G.................1 model.....................2 texture packs
Me-163 Komet.........1 model.....................1 texture pack
Varous Opel Trucks..5 models....................5 paint schemes
Mecedes Car............1 model.....................1 paintscheme

Airbases and airfields;
The great Tempelhof Berlin..................EDDI
Eggersdorf Airbase/Jg 77.....................EDCE
Mariendiel/Wilhelmshaven....................EDWI
Komet secret base outside of Stuttgart..K001
Freiburg Airfield...................................EDTF
Freiburg Sailport..................................Mountainside above Freiburg
Isadorro del Arco airstrip......................LIEB, mountains of central Italy
Post war airstrip and airshow.................LIAP (Near LIEB)
Porto Salvo Luftwaffe Transfer base.......LISV
Porto Salvo U-Boot supply base/bunkers....LIUB
Nanur Supply Base...............................HL0Z North Africa
15th Panzer Division/Rommels camp......BURM.....North Africa

Plus a downed Me-109
A lone Panzer Unit that calls for a recon sorti'
other AI airfields used only for parking and keeping the AI planes working

There is also a 'layered' AI traffic file which is tuned by setting your AI settings to 2%, 6%, 12%, and 24%.  2% is the easiest on most computers.  24% will stop your computer if its really slow as it has aircraft EVERYWHERE.  (You can disable it by dragging the airfile out to a storage location).

<--- whipes sweat from grey, crispy, snarled eyebrows.....

I think thats it...

You can see tons of screenshots from the gamepack at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I highly recommend seeing the FAQ page as that anseres alot of questions.

Bill
« Last Edit: 4th Jun, 2007 at 12:04am by lionheart »  

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 3rd Jun, 2007 at 10:45pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Shocked I am at a complete awe... I will post this up right away. I am sorry for missing this post before. Are you still in beta?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #11 - 3rd Jun, 2007 at 11:06pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Good job on the website, looks very tight. Ignore my last question, I see you have released.

Incredible.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 4th Jun, 2007 at 12:02am

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Yep, sorry.  I did release.  I have been quiet on it except at Sim Outhouse.  (They sort of wanted it done and gave me some friendly pressure).

There will be press releases sent out soon when the FSX Edition is ready.

Now for FS Mars and FS2020, lol.....

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 4th Jun, 2007 at 12:20am

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Cats out of the bag now Smiley Will post up some screenshots soon.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 6th Jun, 2007 at 3:20am

JerryG   Offline
Polygon Twister
pushing verticies is theraputic
Seattle, Washington

Wow, I have been real busy at work lately and haven't had much time. I manage to pop in to check on Chuck's CitationX progress. I too managed to miss the beginning of this thread. Totally awsome Bill. Love the you tube trailer.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print