Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Night Mission (Read 2471 times)
9th Jun, 2007 at 11:02pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
visible in range

The first of the " screen tests " for the night scenes, land , sky and aircraft all computer generated .
Most of the video will be produced in 3DS8 where all elements render to perfection and framerates are not an issue.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 9th Jun, 2007 at 11:15pm

N2056   Offline
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

Hey! The thud of my jaw hitting the floor was pretty loud...I wonder if it could be heard in your neck of the woods?

That looks really good!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 10th Jun, 2007 at 12:15am

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Coming along nicely.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 11th Jun, 2007 at 6:32am

Paco Sanchez   Offline
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

WOW!  Shocked

Beautiful, Chuck!

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 20th Jun, 2007 at 11:13pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

As a break ( Crazy ) i modeled a bomber jacket and dressed an avatar to play Guy Gibson , in color or black
and white is still a question with my vote going to BW .. opinions welcome

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 29th Jun, 2007 at 11:55pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Sorry to bore you with this stuff but your vote is important,  there below are the same scene in color and black and white ... of the two which is more " realistic " when doing a recreation for the dambusters video .
The moon and stars are real . the moon on a sphere with spherical mapping and the stars on a mapped to a plane
though i think i will map the starfield to the inside of a really large half sphere for the shoot .

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 30th Jun, 2007 at 1:34pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Well, on my dying monitor I honestly can't see enough of the images to even notice any difference between 'em.  Undecided

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 30th Jun, 2007 at 5:44pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

I vote for color.

My reasoning:

If you're trying to re-create the movie - use B&W

If you're trying to re-create the event - use color

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 14th Jul, 2007 at 7:19pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

I was pleased to discover that all i needed to animate in the whole scene is the camera and the whole
thing looks alive

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 15th Jul, 2007 at 12:31pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 17th Jul, 2007 at 1:40pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Quote:
Well, on my dying monitor I honestly can't see enough of the images to even notice any difference between 'em. Undecided

OMG! I see STARS!  Cool  This new LCD monitor is really a blessing!!  Grin

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print