Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tutorial - Texture Baking in 3dsmax for VC design (Read 12749 times)
Reply #15 - 24th Dec, 2008 at 4:34am

nextlevelsims   Offline
Spline Extruder
I Love FFDS!
Munich, Germany

glass reflections are simply "faked" reflections - just render a camera view from a point of view of which "the glass sees it" and use that as texture...

and there you go... just play around with it until you get a good result Wink on the image below you can see the captain seat's headrest and the cockpit door further in the back reflecting on the windshield.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 13th Jan, 2009 at 6:01am

RGS   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

Thanks for the tips RE: reflections. Still just at the testing stage with these right now myself as have other more important tasks which need completing first, but my initial tests set up as you suggested are working well. Of course as they are static or 'fake' reflections there's always a compromise to be made, especially with multiple seating positions and windows and doors that open, but if handled with consideration and subtlety I think they can really add to the immersion of being in the 'pit.

Thanks again for all the info, much appreciated.

Robert

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 14th May, 2013 at 4:58pm

Andrew_S   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
england

hi good tutorial but have a problem that the images do not show could someone repost or help thanks

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 5th Jun, 2013 at 2:28am

Luka   Offline
Polygon Twister

Andrew_S wrote on 14th May, 2013 at 4:58pm:
hi good tutorial but have a problem that the images do not show could someone repost or help thanks

Earlier saved topic in HTML and MHT format:

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 11th May, 2015 at 4:46am

klam94   Offline
Point Pusher
New Here!

Anyone have a copy of this tutorial? The images won't show in browser and the rapidshare link given is not valid...Please someone?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print