Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gauge Details (Read 2846 times)
16th Jan, 2008 at 10:23pm

N2056   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

I've been focused on completing & detailing the gauges. The Radio & Transponder feature working knobs & switches  Smiley

MicroAir Radio
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Transponder
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Clock

Suction Gauge

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 17th Jan, 2008 at 10:58am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Are you still doing those in Daz Robert? and have you checked out the latest update , there is a nifty plugin that links Photoshop into the Daz texture manager, and improved lights .. i used it to do the artwork for the pilots , rendered a tif
of Victorias face and one of her back for background .. does a nice job ...fast Wink

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 17th Jan, 2008 at 11:56pm

N2056   Offline
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

All the gauge faces for the Thorp were modeled in Gmax, and I used the lighting in Gmax...then grabbed a capture of the screen and used it in PSP to make the final bitmaps. The gauge glass is a separate part, and when the vc is done I'll be able to create a custom bitmap for the reflections on the glass... Smiley

I still have Daz, but I have not used it for a long time.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 18th Jan, 2008 at 8:34am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Daz is a tool that is worth updating , the quality of its render engine is remarkable and as it imports and exports .obj formats and the uvw map information can be added
with other mappers that offer more options than 3DS make it a valuable tool in producing heads and or panel and gauge renders and mapped objects with rendered textures for input into Gmax and 3DS .

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 18th Jan, 2008 at 6:00pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

super sharp gauges Robert. They look amazing.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 19th Jan, 2008 at 4:07pm

dmaher   Offline
Spline Extruder
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WOW...really nice. You’ve really captured it.

Danny

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 19th Jan, 2008 at 7:46pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Even the screw heads are accurate! Sheesh! What amazing & crisp detail!  Cool

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 19th Jan, 2008 at 8:09pm

N2056   Offline
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

Many thanks for the comments!  Smiley

I've taken the stock Garmin GPS295 and made a case & mount for it. It's visibility is controlled by the GPS toggle switch on the panel to allow access to the switches it hides  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 30th Jan, 2008 at 12:17am

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

Excellent work Robert.

Yet again your attention to detail is amazing.

Keep up the great work!  Smiley

Mark

Be happy! Life's too short not to be!

Core i7 870, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia 1280MB GTX470, 24" LCD, 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 500GB HDD & 1 x 320GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 30th Jan, 2008 at 2:56am

pepper   Offline
Polygon Twister
The Netherlands

Looks very good, love all the little detail!

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 12th Feb, 2008 at 6:53pm

nextlevelsims   Offline
Spline Extruder
I Love FFDS!
Munich, Germany

wow awesome work! keep it up man.... really really good job there. Love it!  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 12th Jul, 2008 at 12:53pm

Milton   Offline
Props forever!

Excellent work and progress ... great details.  Impressive all around.

Milton Shupe&&Dash 7, Aero Commanders, Howard 500, D18S, Spartan 7W, A-26B/C,  XA38 Grizzly, DH-80A, AT-11, 427 Pinto Stock Car, The "Grumman Seven", Avia 51, 156, 56, 57
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print