Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good 3-View site (Read 1952 times)
31st Jan, 2008 at 5:56pm

lionheart   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Phoenix Arizona

Hey guys,

Some really nice 3-Views of various aircraft.  Some are quite large drawings, all freeware.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Smiley

Bill

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 31st Jan, 2008 at 10:31pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

Thanks for that Bill

I picked up a lovely clean 'Spiteful' from there. I've had an eye out for one of those for a while... Cool

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 31st Jan, 2008 at 10:42pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

That is indeed a good site.  Couldnt believe I found it.  I am always looking for various 3-Views and never had seen that one.

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 1st Feb, 2008 at 12:03am

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

A good one for 'Acceleration' I think. Nice one Bill... Cool

500 mph, 4000 fpm and that was for the production version... Shocked

Is it a 'Mustfire' or a 'Spittang'?

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 1st Feb, 2008 at 11:58am

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

jonbouy wrote on 1st Feb, 2008 at 12:03am:
A good one for 'Acceleration' I think. Nice one Bill... Cool

500 mph, 4000 fpm and that was for the production version... Shocked

How about a Super Corsair instead? This one will really accelerate you...

Regards,

Jose.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 1st Feb, 2008 at 11:58am

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Quote:
500 mph, 4000 fpm and that was for the production version...  

JonBouy

ooooooooo lah lah!    Nice choice!

I am not that well versed on WWII planes, but isnt that the Supermarine Spitty?

Will be a beauty indeed!

Smiley

Jose',

You must have been typing while I was too, lol..   Nice Corsair!

Smiley

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 1st Feb, 2008 at 12:36pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

lionheart wrote on 1st Feb, 2008 at 11:58am:
ooooooooo lah lah!    Nice choice!

I am not that well versed on WWII planes, but isnt that the Supermarine Spitty?

Will be a beauty indeed!

Smiley

Jose',

You must have been typing while I was too, lol..   Nice Corsair!

Smiley

Bill

It's pretty much a Spitfire but the famous elliptical wings had pretty much run out of road with the now approaching super sonic speeds so they fitted the Mustang style 'laminar' flow wings to a late mark 'Spit' and the 'Spiteful' and 'Seafang' were the result.

The late piston planes we're incredible and the ultimate development of the technology which have never been bettered, the BIG radials like the Corsair, Bearcat, Sea Fury vs the more complicate Water-cooled Vee's like the Mustang. If the Spiteful had been a little earlier I'm sure we'd have seen a few at Reno these days. Ahh the beauty of simming in order to attempt these 'what if' scenarios.

Jose

I see that the gauntlet has been thrown down for the challenge already, I'm gonna have to get my head under the hood with AirEd and start working on my pylon turns if I'm gonna compete with that Corsair... Wink

Just look at the length of the engine cowling on the front of that thing.... Shocked I don't think a Griffon engine is going to compete in the brute force stakes.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 6th Feb, 2008 at 4:40pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

After getting 'bogged down' with too much technical details with another project I figured it was time to whip up some mesh thanks to LH's heads up...

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 6th Feb, 2008 at 5:36pm

mariopilot   Offline
Fly to Live, Live to Fly
Carasco, Italy, Genova

Somebody shuld attempt at designing this one form the aforementionned Wiki collection... Tongue

Mariopilot
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 6th Feb, 2008 at 6:46pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

You're on... Grin

I think 'Jelly Beans' will be my modelling material of choice.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 6th Feb, 2008 at 10:37pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Dang, JonBouy...   That was a fast build of mesh!!

Shocked

Been taking Vitamin B too much?  Goodness..   Nice job on that baby.

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 7th Feb, 2008 at 12:18am

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

lionheart wrote on 6th Feb, 2008 at 10:37pm:
Dang, JonBouy...   That was a fast build of mesh!!

Shocked

Been taking Vitamin B too much?  Goodness..   Nice job on that baby.

Bill

Wink

A packet of multi-vits later...

Some wing tips a correction of the nose and some garish clothing, this would be sacrilege if it were a 'true' spit, but being as the RAE already saw fit to clamp some laminar flow wings to R.J. Mitchell's baby seems fair game to me... Cheesy

This should be quite a worthwhile exercise as the Seafang is very similar with arrester gear and folding wings, I only have to ditch the wings and make some new ones and alter the wing roots for a Mk24 spitty. Likewise I can ditch the body and venture into the jet age with a Supermarine Attacker which has the same wing and undercarriage.

I'm hoping for a productive year this year as up until now it's mostly been about studying the craft, I'm feeling confident now about putting some of it into practice. Apart from the above and the ongoing Jabby, I've got 4 projects planned in the hope of getting them all done by the end of the year.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 7th Feb, 2008 at 10:50am

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

mariopilot wrote on 6th Feb, 2008 at 5:36pm:
Somebody shuld attempt at designing this one form the aforementionned Wiki collection... Tongue

Here ya go.... Cool

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print