Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My order (Read 1796 times)
8th Feb, 2008 at 4:07pm

foxwolfen   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

I will take a Schmirnof ice and a plate of Nachos please.

By the way, Felix seems to be passed out under that table over there and his snoring is interfering with watching the international dart championships. Would you mind propping him up and putting a nasal strip on him? He can stay at our table, we do not mind, but Sophie keeps using him as a foot rest while he is on the floor. Wink Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 8th Feb, 2008 at 5:06pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

Sorry no Nacho's can I interest you in a bag of Pork Scratchings?

A Vodka for Sir and a White Wine for the lady?

I can help with the nasal strip, but I think Sophie is making the best use of him presently and I think he should stay out of harms way... Cool

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 8th Feb, 2008 at 5:32pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Further, deponent sayeth not - I'd have to ban myself.

Wink

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 8th Feb, 2008 at 7:30pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

Quote:
Further, deponent sayeth not - I'd have to ban myself.

Wink

And I'd order a round on the house...but I can't afford to at my prices... Wink

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 9th Feb, 2008 at 2:01am

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

ROFL  Cool

(What, pray tell, are "pork scratchings", and do I really want to know? Cheesy)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 9th Feb, 2008 at 11:37am

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

'Pork Scratchings' good Sir are fragments of the roasted rind of a pig, a highly sought after delicacy in British pub culture.  Popping a pickled egg in a bag of scratchings is a very useful snack for the serious dipsomaniac. Firstly the high salt content of the pork rinds is guaranteed to induce an unquenchable thirst and the topping of a pickled egg serves the purpose of not having to make an excuse for being late home.

After dining thusly, 'er indoors is not likely to want you back for several hours which can free up some serious quaffing time... Cool

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 10th Feb, 2008 at 7:29pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

*Quickly Googles "Dipsomania" hoping nobody notices his ignorance - grunts in surprise, unaware that such a condition existed*

Well, it sounds positively... err... yummy. Cheesy I will have to try that (We do have pork rinds here - sort of like potato chips ... but ...well... not. Quite good). I will pass on the pickled eggs, though if you have devilled eggs, I will take two of those please. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 10th Feb, 2008 at 9:06pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

Ahh, devilled eggs I'm glad you brought those up.

An alternative 'devilled' recipe is to sink six pickled eggs during the course of downing 16 pints, stand for half an hour, then ask for a bucket... Grin

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 11th Feb, 2008 at 7:57pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

I have seen these pickled eggs on countertops in a few watering holes and always thought that they looked
like an emitic , interesting to find out that is what they they are for.. i further presume that is to liberate space in the stomach for more beer as by that point all the alcohol has been absorbed.... there is method to the madness.

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print