Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Landlords Projects (Read 6856 times)
Reply #15 - 20th Feb, 2008 at 7:48pm

lionheart   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Phoenix Arizona

Quote:
.....Piss on FS9[img]

Huh

Naughy naughty Chuck....    FS9 used to be a good friend of yours, didnt it?  Taught you alot....  Get that grimmace off your face...!

Also..   If we name parts on an engine things such as 'cylinder 128' for sparkplug 7, or cylinder 44 for flywheel, box 143 is of course a carburetor, then when we go to edit parts, it will be much more 'fun' to try to remember which cylinder, box, and spline/line is what.  (Names are always a good thing, especially if on a team and someone else takes the ball for mapping textures, etc).

Note on cloning an entire engine assembly.  Link all of its parts to the engine block or crankshalft.  Then you can move them all in one faile swoop, (what ever that means).  Also, if you clone them via Edit/Clone (on top 'worded' toolbar), then the parts of the engine maintain all their centers and Gizmo locations and angles.  If though you select all of your engine and hold Shift down and with mouse, 'slide' a copy out of that one, then all Gizmos will relocate to the 'mass center' of the cluster, making it difficult for future editing of parts.

And of course, linking..   I think linking is still a good thing.  Why not.  Such as with engines, keeps it easy to locate parts on an assembly.  Not everything has to be linked now, thank goodness, but somethings are good to be linked...   (pilot parts, so you can hide all of him, panel and its face parts, so you can hide that, move it, etc).

Bill

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 21st Feb, 2008 at 5:39am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

... Thats a "Smirk" FYI ... FS9 had been officially depreciated by MS .....i am following company policy Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register... and using Grolsch to do it...

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #17 - 21st Feb, 2008 at 12:18pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

That's great news! The more that other's abandon FS9 development, the more I make!  Cool

Thank God Ron & Eaglesoft didn't abandon FS9 completely, as I just received a check 3x more than usual for last month's sales, most of which came from my Citation II Expansion Pack for the original FS9 release...  Grin

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 21st Feb, 2008 at 2:55pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

I operate with complete abandon

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #19 - 21st Feb, 2008 at 3:58pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

Jodry, you're barred...  Grin

But hang on one minute aren't you overlooking one important thing? .... FSX is PANTS!!!  Roll Eyes

I fly around my locality and it looks like the Sahara, rather than the Garden of England, it flickers, jerks, crashes, by the time it's finished loading, I'm bored and go off and do something else anyway, autogen is so random it's unusable which is a bonus really as it also slows everything down to treacle running through a hose pipe and the pilots may blink but nothing flies any better.

But......... the visuals are stunning.

I'll put my tuppence in the charity box on the way out...  Wink

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #20 - 21st Feb, 2008 at 5:46pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

jonbouy wrote on 21st Feb, 2008 at 3:58pm:
Jodry, you're barred... Grin

But hang on one minute aren't you overlooking one important thing? .... FSX is PANTS!!! Roll Eyes

I fly around my locality and it looks like the Sahara, rather than the Garden of England, it flickers, jerks, crashes, by the time it's finished loading, I'm bored and go off and do something else anyway, autogen is so random it's unusable which is a bonus really as it also slows everything down to treacle running through a hose pipe and the pilots may blink but nothing flies any better.

But......... the visuals are stunning.

I'll put my tuppence in the charity box on the way out... Wink

I must admist that the scenery (which is a major component to simming) is just not there in FSX.  When I got FS9, the scenery that came with it was amazing.  I remember flying for a week in the Cessna Caravan over the rockies, then another month in Alaska.  Why?  Just looking at the amazing mountains.  They were stunning.....    In FSX, its like some have a stripe over them with grass, and to each side is desert.  (Check the mountain at my home airport, just west of KDVT.  It has a golf course going over the top of it.  When I saw that in my flight after installing my newest graphics card, I shut of FSX and booted up FS9.  Truth).

But.....   The beauty of freedom is freedom of choice.  I happen to like FS9 more then FSX.  But thats me and I am glad that others are quite happy with FSX.  I will continue to support FS9 for a while. 

Fr. Bill, I am only supporting FS9 presently and 'officially'.  Sales are quite good, (thank the Lord).  I dont think its wise 'yet' to abandon FS9 projects.  If you can easily flip a model from one to the other, you have two complete markets instead of one.

......................and no.  I do not hate FSX.  I dont care for its terrain nor high use of resources.  I love;
*  Car traffic and ship traffic
*  The Compiler
*  The 'look around feature'
*  Head Latency
*  Extreme real time rendering of materials such as reflections, chrome, and the oceans waves
*  The lower limit of Vertice distances for smaller parts making in the VC

But the terrain isnt finished and I see that the team have already abandoned updates, so I guess its done...   

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 21st Feb, 2008 at 6:41pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

I dont remember being blown away with FS9 "RTM" once i had replaced my ground textures , clouds , Airport Environment and autogen  textures, envronment map , sun and moon corona , sundown and sun up sky textures...
oh ya my nordic tree collection .... Git My Drift ?

So far my complaints were limited to the ground textures , they are all replaced ... every other scenery element
is an improvement... and if i dont like it ...well i can get it to vaporise leaving a smoldering rubble ... a few clicks in the missions editor and switch to the Lancaster MKIII and load an Earthquake bomb ... poof end of story

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 21st Feb, 2008 at 9:33pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

Grin Grin Grin

...tis true.

It's only since I add VFR photo scenery England and Wales and VFR Terrain mesh that home started to look like home, before then believe it or not it looked like ...erm... the Sahara.

However when I unwrapped '98 I went... Oh WOW!, 2000 Oh WOW!, 2k2 Oh WOW!, FS9 Oh WOW!

Unwrapping FSX I went.....Oh... Lips Sealed

I do love the SDK though... Cool

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #23 - 21st Feb, 2008 at 10:20pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Quote:
... and if i dont like it ...well i can get it to vaporise leaving a smoldering rubble ... a few clicks in the missions editor and switch to the Lancaster MKIII and load an Earthquake bomb ... poof end of story

Chuck

lololol....   Grin

What you need with that is a scenery bomb crater mesh that appears where the bomb goes off and it stays there for 6 months then 'auto-disappears'.

Wink

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 22nd Feb, 2008 at 9:04am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

lionheart wrote on 21st Feb, 2008 at 10:20pm:
Quote:
... and if i dont like it ...well i can get it to vaporise leaving a smoldering rubble ... a few clicks in the missions editor and switch to the Lancaster MKIII and load an Earthquake bomb ... poof end of story

Chuck

lololol.... Grin

What you need with that is a scenery bomb crater mesh that appears where the bomb goes off and it stays there for 6 months then 'auto-disappears'.

Wink

<groan>  There you go again, giving Chuck more ideas!

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #25 - 22nd Feb, 2008 at 4:01pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

Quote:
<groan>  There you go again, giving Chuck more ideas!

You just know its happening right now, even if you couldn't hear the hammering and sawing coming from 'Le Crottoire'... Wink

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 22nd Feb, 2008 at 4:22pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

You must have ESP....

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 22nd Feb, 2008 at 5:23pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

jonbouy wrote on 22nd Feb, 2008 at 4:01pm:

You just know its happening right now, even if you couldn't hear the hammering and sawing coming from 'Le Crottoire'... Wink
[/quote]

errr.... in the "Crottoire" those aren't "hammering and sawing" sounds....   (Chuck - do you remember what you ate last night?)

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #28 - 22nd Feb, 2008 at 5:31pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

I seem to be getting a bum rap...

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 22nd Feb, 2008 at 7:33pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

I guess that means you're down in the dumps now?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print