Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
'The Pub' needs a name (Read 4705 times)
12th Feb, 2008 at 6:45pm

jonbouy   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Rye, England

'The Pub' is a bit too generic to be like a, er... Pub.

So a name would be appreciated.

I was thinking maybe 'The Bull' as its a good traditional Pub name. And it sorta reflects the output of the Landlord... Grin

Maybe there is a better suggestion.

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12th Feb, 2008 at 10:00pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Well. You could call it "The thingy & Bull" Wink but there might be some misunderstandings with some hens. Cheesy Or maybe The Crock and Pull... or the Jock and Full... or...

I'll get me coat... Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 13th Feb, 2008 at 4:23am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

The Light House Keeper
« Last Edit: 13th Feb, 2008 at 5:55am by Chuck Jodry »  

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 13th Feb, 2008 at 8:30am

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

Quote:
The Light House Keeper

Grin Grin Grin

Wink

Jonbouy&&Pro. Loudmouth - Amateur Spline Bender&&&&Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+, 1024Mb 667mhz DDR2, nVidia GeForce 6150se onboard nForce 430, 160mb SATA Total, XP Pro SP2
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 13th Feb, 2008 at 11:41am

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Man, I think 'Jon's Pub' is great!

Cool

However, we need a 'pint tapping' smiley as like they have at SOH, lol....

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 23rd Feb, 2008 at 1:37pm

Jase247   Offline
Spline Extruder
Experimental aircraft
hugger

Man i go away for a few months to come back and find everythings changed...really need to finish me bd5 instead of hanging around in the pub Smiley

Anyhow...Jon's pub sounds great..if you dont want that I suggest "The Beer Goggle Arms", i frequently fly FSX wearing my special beer goggles  Cool

J

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&Forgive me FSDS for I have abandoned thee for another~
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 23rd Feb, 2008 at 2:50pm

mariopilot   Offline
Fly to Live, Live to Fly
Carasco, Italy, Genova

If you want a fancy name, "The Olde Village Lanterne" might do... (salute to Blackmore's Night band for inspiring me...)
Otherwise, for a more aviation prone name, call it the "SID's STARS Pub" (a normal person will think The stars os Mr.Sid, while we know SIDs ANd STARS...)  Cool

Mariopilot
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 23rd Feb, 2008 at 6:06pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

mariopilot wrote on 23rd Feb, 2008 at 2:50pm:
If you want a fancy name, "The Olde Village Lanterne" might do... (salute to Blackmore's Night band for inspiring me...)
Otherwise, for a more aviation prone name, call it the "SID's STARS Pub" (a normal person will think The stars os Mr.Sid, while we know SIDs ANd STARS...)  Cool

I'm not sure a 'normal' person will ever venture in here...unless you count Felix of course. Wink

Welcome back Jase, now, whenever you feel the need you can just pull up a stool and get wasted... Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 24th Feb, 2008 at 8:03pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

jonbouy wrote on 23rd Feb, 2008 at 6:06pm:
Welcome back Jase, now, whenever you feel the need you can just pull up a stool and get wasted... Cheesy

Just not a stool ...sample....

<groan>

<hic>

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 25th Feb, 2008 at 5:19pm

jgoldman   Offline
Spline Extruder
Vini Vidi Vinci
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.

How about:

La Cantina....

Jim

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 25th Feb, 2008 at 11:26pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Ye Olde Airscrew?

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #11 - 26th Feb, 2008 at 6:11am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Or the Mile High Club ?

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #12 - 26th Feb, 2008 at 9:48am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Quote:
Or the Mile High Club ?

It's a Pub in the UK - wouldn't it now have to be The 1.61Km High Club?

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #13 - 27th Feb, 2008 at 3:48pm

jonbouy   Offline
Rye, England

Quote:
Quote:
Or the Mile High Club ?

Miles still work here...so do feet and inches, as a rule.. Wink

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 27th Feb, 2008 at 7:36pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

jonbouy wrote on 27th Feb, 2008 at 3:48pm:
Quote:
Quote:
Or the Mile High Club ?

Miles still work here...so do feet and inches, as a rule.. Wink

Odd that, eh? I like the metric system myself, after all 111.6 kg just sounds so much lighter than 236 lbs... Grin

Of course, 17.6 stones sounds positively FEATHERWEIGHT! Roll Eyes

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print