Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
[WIP] Do-328 (Read 20606 times)
Reply #15 - 25th Jul, 2008 at 1:29pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Quote:
Yes, they are the same as previously posted, so you didn't miss anything. I've got the project on hold until the gauge coding is completed. I cannot finish the VC until all the gauges are completed.  Shocked

Hm, sounds like the model will feature some "smooth" in-model gauges.

Instruments for the VC will be another problem for me, even though I don't want to do a full system simulation.
But thankfully this is still miles away. Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 25th Jul, 2008 at 8:14pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Björn wrote on 25th Jul, 2008 at 1:29pm:
Quote:
Yes, they are the same as previously posted, so you didn't miss anything. I've got the project on hold until the gauge coding is completed. I cannot finish the VC until all the gauges are completed.  Shocked

Hm, sounds like the model will feature some "smooth" in-model gauges.

Nope. All the gauges are C++/GDI+. I'm not coding the gauges for this project, so that's why I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting...  Roll Eyes

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #17 - 27th Jul, 2008 at 12:55pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Quote:
Nope. All the gauges are C++/GDI+. I'm not coding the gauges for this project, so that's why I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting...  Roll Eyes

Oh, I see!

A classic demonstration of how the otherwise logical and efficient concept of teamwork can backfire.
I hope you'll get your gauges and I'm pretty sure you won't be bored at all while waiting for them. Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 27th Jul, 2008 at 7:33pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Björn wrote on 27th Jul, 2008 at 12:55pm:
Quote:
Nope. All the gauges are C++/GDI+. I'm not coding the gauges for this project, so that's why I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting...  Roll Eyes

Oh, I see!

A classic demonstration of how the otherwise logical and efficient concept of teamwork can backfire.
I hope you'll get your gauges and I'm pretty sure you won't be bored at all while waiting for them. Wink

Oh Lord no! I'm never bored! I have far too many projects to work on for that to happen.  I've always got something that can be worked on...  Grin

The person doing the gauge coding has two other, more critical projects at the moment, so I fully understand the delay.  Tongue

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #19 - 25th Sep, 2008 at 8:35pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

*Bump*

It's been a struggle, but madmoiselle now has one of her main legs.
The "details" wouldn't have been possible without Bill L.'s drawings.
So thank you again, Bill!
You caused me a lot of unplanned extra work (Wink), but I have a fairly realistic, nonetheless simplified main gear now.
And I finally got to realize that the 328's designers were awfully clever S.O.Bs. A nice gear mechanism they thought of there... Cheesy

Boy, do I look forward animating and texturing this stuff!  Shocked  Tongue

But first of all, it's all about adding one or two or three final details to the fuselage and wings (e.g. small fins and the flap attachments), fixing something here and there before I take the biggest step so far - mirroring the fuselage!

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 25th Sep, 2008 at 11:29pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Dang! Nice looking gear!

Makes mine look shabby even with some clothes on...  Undecided

Shot at 2008-09-25

Fr. Bill
IP Logged

Reply #21 - 26th Sep, 2008 at 12:49pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Well, at least you have the more detailed tyres.  Grin

(I'm hoping that some bump maps will add some depth to mine.)

By the way: What does the "clamp" on the main gear leg do? Holding the damper or so?

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 21st Feb, 2009 at 7:22pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

*Kick*

Still at it...lol.

Big milestone: Nose Landing Gear plus my first animation (NLG gear doors...what a PITA!)
Small milestones: Countless detail improvements, resolved shading problems and a completely redone vertical stabilizer.

And I think I found the perfect three-views. They're from the Welcome Air homepage and perfectly detailed, yet a bit small.

Current state of the model after some frantic, quick and dirty mirroring...

First of all, the NLG:

Now, the MLG (with more detailed wheels):

Finally, for an overview, front, side and top down views:

This is looking better than I've expected. I'm so proud of myself that I could cry... Grin

Next up: Windows, doors, interieur, animations and textures.  Tongue

- Edit:
Heh, I just realized that I've almost got an AI model at this time. A 44000 poly AI model... Grin

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 22nd Feb, 2009 at 9:09am

mariopilot   Offline
Fly to Live, Live to Fly
Carasco, Italy, Genova

Quote:
*Kick*
Next up: Windows, doors, interieur, animations and textures.  Tongue

[goof mode on] I hope that you are planing to install Vista Windows on this craft! if you craft 7 Winodws Beta editions it will stop working shortly...  Tongue Tongue  [goof mode off]

Great job on a great plane Mate!

Mariopilot
IP Logged

Reply #24 - 22nd Feb, 2009 at 1:46pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

mariopilot wrote on 22nd Feb, 2009 at 9:09am:
[goof mode on] I hope that you are planing to install Vista Windows on this craft! if you craft 7 Winodws Beta editions it will stop working shortly...  Tongue Tongue  [goof mode off]

LoL!

Nah, the Windows will be XP. Stable and clean... Grin

Quote:
Great job on a great plane Mate!

Grazie, Mario!  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 12th Mar, 2009 at 9:55am

nextlevelsims   Offline
Spline Extruder
I Love FFDS!
Munich, Germany

hey Björn!

That looks fantastic!!!

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 13th Mar, 2009 at 3:29pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Thanks!

Made some progress since publishing those pictures, but the passenger door with its complicated bar construction is killing the motivation to continue for me big time at the moment.

Need to kick my butt a bit to take up work again. LoL!

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 2nd May, 2009 at 11:21pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

No fancy promo images with a fully mirrored model this time, but enough highlights to make you say " Shocked" anyways.  Grin
Doors, windows, a simple cockpit, the rudder and ten brazillions of detail improvements.

It's even "watertight" now! (Although it was one hell of a battle. Tongue)

Next up: Textures! (Oh boy...) Then animations! (Yay...Tongue) Plus details (Working windscreen wipers...) And flight dynamics! (Any takers? Please?)

P.S: Could anyone lend me a low poly (~10000 max) pilot model to man that simple cockpit? Please?

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 3rd May, 2009 at 8:05pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Two milestones within 24 hours! I might break some personal records here... Grin

UVW mapped fuselage:

I had to divide the whole model into multiple parts for that. An incredible amount of work, especially the cabin. Tongue

By the way, is there a good Max 9 plugin to facilitate the annoying UVW Unwrap?
I simply hate realigning stray edges...

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 4th May, 2009 at 9:18pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

I slowly but surely start hating this "UVW Unwrap" stuff.  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print