Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
[WIP] Do-328 (Read 20599 times)
Reply #45 - 13th Dec, 2009 at 2:52pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

I've got all the time in the world, especially since there's no FS XI in sight. So you'll get your 328 eventually.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #46 - 15th Dec, 2009 at 6:46pm

DaveNunez   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Seattle, Washington

Yes, I have been plodding on the Starship for 8 years now (actually coming up to 9...) Sometimes it just languished on my drive for six, nine months at a time, sometimes I had a burst of work on it. Keep plodding away, Bjorn, the project is looking pretty good. Let's see which one of us releases first!  Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #47 - 16th Dec, 2009 at 8:43am

Southwest   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

No problem Bjorn, after all it is your model etc....  Smiley

No rush at all.

IP Logged

Reply #48 - 16th Dec, 2009 at 8:53am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Bjorn, Dave, so, considering that you're all like me in that respect, does this mean that it can take longer to make an FS model than the useful lifespan of the REAL airplane?

Smiley

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #49 - 16th Dec, 2009 at 4:58pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Quote:
Bjorn, Dave, so, considering that you're all like me in that respect, does this mean that it can take longer to make an FS model than the useful lifespan of the REAL airplane?

Smiley

Well, in terms of production life span I think I'm about halfway there.  Cool  Cheesy

And Dave: It's on!  Cheesy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #50 - 18th Dec, 2009 at 3:56pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Milestone!

Finally finished mapping everything. I hope my texture layout is good enough to be repaint-friendly.

Renders:

Excuse the checkerboard look, needed it to align textures. All textures are temporary.

Next primary mission: Hierarchy, animations and generally getting this thing ready for exporting.
Secondary mission: Real textures.

Once I've got a basic, working exterior model, I'm going to make it publically avaiable, for repaints or bug-hunting or whatever (Flying?). The plan is to have a kind of evolving model, with serveral releases over time. When everything's done there'll be a regular release to the major MSFS sites.

IP Logged

Reply #51 - 19th Dec, 2009 at 6:53am

Southwest   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

Nice to see some progress Bjorn, looking great !

Can't wait to start repainting here !

IP Logged

Reply #52 - 19th Dec, 2009 at 10:39am

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

The plane might be checkerboard textured but the modeling looks great Bjorn! Glad to see you getting back into it. Grin

Be happy! Life's too short not to be!

Core i7 870, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia 1280MB GTX470, 24" LCD, 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 500GB HDD & 1 x 320GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
IP Logged

Reply #53 - 19th Dec, 2009 at 3:18pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Thanks guys!

Didn't try to go for payware quality in the modeling department, so the praise is well appreciated.
The final thing will have about 60-70000 polys for the exterior. Is that okay?

IP Logged

Reply #54 - 24th Dec, 2009 at 2:58am

DaveNunez   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Seattle, Washington

Crikey, looking good - especially the landing gear. I need to catch up a little! I should do a poly count on mine, I am curious to compare now...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #55 - 25th Dec, 2009 at 1:54pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Thanks Dave!

IP Logged

Reply #56 - 9th Jan, 2010 at 2:25pm

Southwest   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

How's the texture mapping looking Bjorn ?

IP Logged

Reply #57 - 9th Jan, 2010 at 6:33pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

No offense, but every time someone asks for progress I wanna terminate work on this model.

(I'm done with mapping and slowly doing animations. Need to learn working with bones though.)

IP Logged

Reply #58 - 18th Mar, 2010 at 8:12pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

First FSX screenshots:

Don't expect too much, please.  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #59 - 23rd Mar, 2010 at 1:58pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Status update.

Props feathered, spoilers deployed, whacky shading on aileron.

Trim tabs at work.

Flaps fully deployed.

Rudder fully kicked, elevator fully deployed and trimmed, shading problems detected.

Pax door view, cargo compartment door in the background.

Feather...

...and unfeather.

Emptiness. Soon to be filled with very ugly low poly seats.

Nose gear detail. Bug fortunately not visible.

Low poly VC anyone? Haha!

Note the buggy damper on the MLG.

Bags, please!

The door...again.

Folding mechanism.

To-do-list:
Fix the most obvious bugs.
Make some *real* textures.
Do basic .cfg work.
Attach lights.
Get some tinted glass working, not that fully transparent BS.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print