Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NeXT2_00 (Read 3177 times)
2nd Apr, 2008 at 12:48pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
visible in range

There comes a point when you just want to play around with " it " ... do something with "it"
The it's in question were bits from an old model, and mesh and materials that were being messed around with
and an idea or two that sprang to mind when looking a upcoming project from a notable GA producer .
The result are an interesting visual study in FSX materials and the Tail Dragger revisited, just fooling around
and its been some time since i did a freebie for the fun of it

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 2nd Apr, 2008 at 3:12pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Nice looking, as always.

and, by the way, congratulations on associating yourself with "a notable GA producer".

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 6th Apr, 2008 at 10:35am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

When i need to clear the cobwebs i putter with this model , its a good way to test
materials and mesh production methods without getting into trouble with " work ".
Turned it into a powered glider , cfg and the basic parts needed are done and
its time to add some funky paint jobs to the base layer, i found a cool set of vector brushes
for Photoshop that should prove entertaining when i need a bit of distraction.
I figure to send this to Avsim when its done .

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 6th Apr, 2008 at 3:42pm

N2056   Offline
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

Nice lines! Cool
That metal-flake paint looks great, I look forward to seeing it 'in person'  Smiley

There's gotta be a bank around here somewhere with bad security....i gotta get me that max program!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 6th Apr, 2008 at 3:48pm

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

Awesome work Chuck!

Great to see an original design!

Smiley

Excellent job on the metallic flakes.

Bill

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 7th Apr, 2008 at 8:15am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

I modelled a paint job , all the text and lines are a high resolution part, can come in any color , shape or text font and it
dosnt matter how close you zoom in these never pixellate, you could choose paint schemes and colors from a configuration control popup
as the details are parts , in case someone prefers an N number for their registration.

« Last Edit: 7th Apr, 2008 at 2:33pm by Chuck Jodry »  

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 8th Apr, 2008 at 11:19am

empeck   Offline
Spline Extruder
virtualPZL
Inowroclaw/Poland

Very nice plane. Great lines, and wonderful materials. I'd love to fly this beauty, do you need a beta tester? Wink

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 8th Apr, 2008 at 3:28pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Love to have your input , i normally hold an online session at WestCoastATC.com while using teamspeak,
I started doing that with my first release and had Milton , Paco , Felix , Lionheart amoung others all flying about in zeppelins..
Quite a sight and a great way to meet the boys.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 8th Apr, 2008 at 6:25pm

Paco Sanchez   Offline
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

Chuck, this is by far the best looking material I've seen in FS. Looks like an ultra-realistic render done in Max. Brilliant!

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 11th Apr, 2008 at 4:36am

empeck   Offline
Spline Extruder
virtualPZL
Inowroclaw/Poland

Quote:
Love to have your input , i normally hold an online session at WestCoastATC.com while using teamspeak,
I started doing that with my first release and had Milton , Paco , Felix , Lionheart amoung others all flying about in zeppelins..
Quite a sight and a great way to meet the boys.

At our polish forum, we have online sessions too, it's great fun. I'd love to fly with you guys, but my English isn't that good to speak with you all in realtime Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 11th Apr, 2008 at 8:59am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

We get to learn some polish ! We get to learn some polish ! ... there is a rather large language base around here
many of the people speak and read 3 , or more .. or less , having been an operator of a server and member WestCoast
for a few years now i have met people from truly the four corners of the planet and also one of the attractions of working
in the field is the cross cultural contact with a constant 24 hour beat that leaves all of us behind sombody else where its already
tomorrow...

Bring a Friend Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 19th Apr, 2008 at 9:55am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

This is the " Faux Cuir " interior material i have grown to like in FSX , in the first pic you can just make out the tile and mirror
box mapping used to do it with a 256X256 bitmap , the original is a leather texture that had a negitive of it turned into
a bump map and then the diffuse bitmap is greatly softened/blurred so that the bumpmap controls the texture and the
diffuse controls the color , the depth of shade you control with the fresnal ramp as well as color with in this instance
a black fresnal ramp used in both the diffuse and reflections slot , when applied to the reflections only the shade
is lighter.
Of course there are an unlimited number of permutations available with the materials editor and messing about is
great fun , this one i find great for plastic materials as if you scale the gizmo way down it gives a nice 3d finish
to a surface that can be manipulated to respond to light in a realistic manner in sim.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print