Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Personal Update (Read 1061 times)
18th May, 2008 at 8:34pm

N2056   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

Since the first part of the year I have been pretty busy herding vertices around...back in January Bill Ortis was kind enough to allow me to try my hand at working on a payware project for him, and 3 months later the fully FSX compliant Super Viking was released. It was a lot of fun to do, and I learned much about lighting doing that project. I did a lot of refinement in the VC, and I think I had Bill pretty worried for awhile that I was doing too much...but it all worked out in the end, and seems to have been popular. Recently I have had the great fortune of being brought in to the FSD group to work on conversions, contribute to future projects, and if desired market my work through them.

I've worked at this for a long time, and was looking for this kind of arrangement. I have a great 'day job'...but to be able to take what has been a hobby to this level has been a great satisfaction to me. Suffice it to say that I really would never have got to this point without the help of the great group here at FFDS. I really want to recognize a few individuals that have helped me get to this point...

Felix...makes the whole site go with a great wit. Never at a loss for using big words correctly! Thanks for the hard work  Wink

Bill Leaming...always willing to help with even the dumbest question while never ever making me feel like the moron I sometimes must have (and will have) been  Grin

Chuck Jodry...The guy that lives my dream! I watched him get started on developing, and have been amazed at how quickly he has made a name for himself in the FS world. He has ( and is) probably my biggest inspiration in the developer world. A true testimonial that hard work can pay off . I feel truly honored to have an opportunity to collaborate with him on the current work I am doing.

Bill Ortis...what can I say. I will always remember you as the guy that gave me the break. An incredibly kind individual that strives at all times to do that which he feels is right and good, even if that means taking a loss. I have communicated with him nightly for almost half a year. He is truly a friend in my book, and I really have to trumpet his virtues. I've watched him deal with numerous issues with a grace that I doubt I could muster. I am honored to call him my friend. Smiley

Last but not least...the group at FSD. Jim Goldman recently solicited for help. I applied & was brought into the group. I have been pleased with how things have gone, and am happily working on making the Piper Seneca play well in FSX...many thanks to Jim, Steve, and Tim for including me in the group. I'm honored to be a team member!

Right...I should get back to work on the Seneca... Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 18th May, 2008 at 9:02pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

<sniff>  Gawrsh, it's so nice to see kids grow up these days!

COngrats.!!!

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 29th May, 2008 at 8:00am

foxwolfen   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Wonderful news Robert. I am happy to see you fulfill your dreams. Given the quality and incredible detail of Pete I am not at all surprised that you found people who want to work with you, and as you say, Bill Ortis is a great guy who would do what he could to help out.

Cheers
Shad

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print