Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IAI 1124 Westwind (Read 5230 times)
27th May, 2008 at 10:25pm

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

Yeah, another one... I get tired of building one and take on another, then I come back to another already started. The day I release something maybe not one but many... Wink

Here it is:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Sir Shupe must be having a flashback, yes, it's actually an Aerocommander built by IAI. By the way Mr. Milton Shupe if you read this and have a bit of info of it, could you please share the knowledge? It's hard to find data on this bird.

Saludos,

Jose.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 28th May, 2008 at 12:52pm

mariopilot   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Fly to Live, Live to Fly
Carasco, Italy, Genova

Westwind 1124!! Yeaaahhhhh!!!
That's one of that unusual bizjets I like a lot (togethere with the Jetstar, the HS-125 and my all-time favourite, the PD-808)
Keep it going!

Mariopilot
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 29th May, 2008 at 3:54am

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

Thanks Mario!

Other shots:

Jose.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 30th May, 2008 at 9:49pm

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

Lots more shots!

Saludos,

Jose.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 31st May, 2008 at 8:42pm

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

Lesson X on modeling: always start your project with an accurate, cross section scale drawing.

When cutting the front window I realised from watching real photos that the cross section shape of the fuselage was wrong, I had to re-shape the entire fuselage to conform to a more rounded upper fuselage shape, but this drained half a day off my patience, please compare the next shot with the last shot of my last post:

Done nevertheless...

I came across two more scale drawings (one for the IAI 1123 and the other for the IAI 1124 without winglets) which I'll use as further reference. Also I noticed several erros with the wing which will be re-shaped as well although you won't see it (actually it's about the flaps and ailerons which haven't been cut yet  ).

Jose.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 31st May, 2008 at 11:09pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

That looks much nicer now...  Cool

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 1st Jun, 2008 at 9:06pm

Milton   Offline
Props forever!

José,

That is looking magnificent!  Unfortunately  I have nothing on the IAI 1124.  All the factory drawings I have are for the original Aero Commanders piston types.  I thought initially you were onto a 680FL or 685.  I could have helped you with them.

Milton Shupe&&Dash 7, Aero Commanders, Howard 500, D18S, Spartan 7W, A-26B/C,  XA38 Grizzly, DH-80A, AT-11, 427 Pinto Stock Car, The "Grumman Seven", Avia 51, 156, 56, 57
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 2nd Jun, 2008 at 11:29pm

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

Thanks Bill! Thanks Milton!

I kinda want to go faster than the 680FL though, but surely want to use a known "face". Those Aerocommanders released by Mr. Shupe are still GREAT! I used to fly'em a lot...those were simpler times when I just enjoyed the work from you all guys. Now, I torture myself with this... Grin

Jose.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 23rd Jun, 2008 at 5:50pm

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

Small update:

Jose.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 25th May, 2011 at 3:38pm

fah1008   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

hey joan...is the Westwind still in progress??? Cheesy
some of us would be very appreciated...

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 29th May, 2011 at 10:49am

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

After nearly three years of nothing...

...not too likely!  Shocked Cry

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #11 - 25th Oct, 2011 at 8:02pm

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

Wow, it's been a while right? Unfortunately the IAI Westwind has been scraped because I turned to the dark side of payware modeling. I have so many projects going on that I don't think it'll be done by me, sorry mates! I expect the PC-21 be released by middle 2012, really doing our best and already have released the DA-40 and Silence Twister (meshes made by me). Thank you all for your comments!

Jose Valdez.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 13th Jan, 2012 at 3:15pm

FSafranek/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
FFDS Co-Founder
Escondido, CA, USA

Well, we do host source code here.  That's how we got our start many many years ago. 
So, if you want to make it available for someone else to have a go at finishing it. 
Just sayin...  Smiley

Frank Safranek - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #13 - 6th Mar, 2012 at 7:08pm

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

FSafranek/FFDS wrote on 13th Jan, 2012 at 3:15pm:
Well, we do host source code here.  That's how we got our start many many years ago. 
So, if you want to make it available for someone else to have a go at finishing it. 
Just sayin...  Smiley

You've got it! Great idea btw.

Jose

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 22nd Apr, 2012 at 8:42am

Daniel   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

If anyone decides to do this one again and need some reference pictures shout out.

Got one standing in a grass field in my hometown of Bodř.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print