Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Auto Slats FSX (Read 4743 times)
Reply #15 - 19th Jun, 2008 at 1:20pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

LOL Jim If I did that with my fsx luck Id blind the rescue pilot and he crash,I use mine as a coaster safer that way Smiley

Ok I got it to work through the brute force method,there is something wrong with fsds when working with fsx,I think its not the code but has something to do with how fsds and xtomdl work together.anyway what I did was a simple keyframed animation and then a normal xml gauge code controller to work the action,not elegant but it works Smiley
So until I can work out a better way this will have to do LOL
the part xml code and guid,animate the part kf0 closed kf100 up
make sure its a parent of some other part
Code:
   <Animation name="test_slat" guid="1D7F7013-28B4-4316-8947-12B3A5ABD8D0" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="test_slat" typeParam="AutoPlay" />

<PartInfo>
	 <Name>test_slat</Name>
	 <AnimLength>100</AnimLength>
	 <Animation>
		<Parameter>
		  <Code>
			 (L:test_slat,number) 100 *
		  </Code>
		  <Lag>400</Lag>
		</Parameter>
	 </Animation>
  </PartInfo>

Then put this in as a hidden gauge somewhere in the VC section of the panel.cfg
Code:
<Gauge Name="slat a day" Version="1.0">
  <Element>
	<Select>
  <Value>(A:AIRSPEED SELECT INDICATED OR TRUE, KNOTS) 150 &lt; if{ (L:test_slat,number) 1 &lt; if{ 1 (>L:test_slat,bool) } }
 els{ (L:test_slat,number) 0 &gt; if{ 0 (>L:test_slat,bool) } }</Value>  
	</Select>
  </Element>
 </Gauge>

Cheers
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 19th Jun, 2008 at 8:24pm

Nije32   Offline
Spline Extruder
FFDS the digital saviours!

WORKS A TREAT WOZZA!
Grin
Yep, very happy with that, will alter lag to get it to slow down a bit but thankyou very much for playing guinea pig. Perhaps Felix can move/copy this to the 'WORKING XML' page?
Also many thanks to Bill L for his coding and Jim. Awesome job, really appreciated.
Regards Nigel  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 20th Jun, 2008 at 10:25am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Nigel - may I suggest that you do a NEW post at the XML Working COdes board that summarizes the problem and provides the final working code.  That way, a reader can see the code directly.  A link to this thread would be convenient for the reader that wants to see the "How you got to the final code".

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 20th Jun, 2008 at 11:37am

Nije32   Offline
Spline Extruder
FFDS the digital saviours!

Great call Felix, will do when I get home again later.
Cheers muchly
Nigel

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 24th Jun, 2013 at 6:16am

ukmil   Offline
Spline Extruder
I Love FFDS!

I am looking to amend this script, for my current project.  I would like to have auto slats, but between a speed range of 90-250knts.

So currently, I have amened the gauge script to set &lt 250Knts, but how do I add the &gt 90 knts?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #20 - 25th Jun, 2013 at 1:14pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

ukmil wrote on 24th Jun, 2013 at 6:16am:
I am looking to amend this script, for my current project. I would like to have auto slats, but between a speed range of 90-250knts.

So currently, I have amened the gauge script to set &lt 250Knts, but how do I add the &gt 90 knts?

Use the "rng" function:
Code:
90 250 (airspeed,knots) rng if{ do something here } 

In essence this is saying if the airspeed is in the range of 90 to 250 knots, "do something"...

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print