Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
charlie three three seven (Read 8932 times)
Reply #15 - 1st Sep, 2008 at 10:33am

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

mariopilot wrote on 1st Sep, 2008 at 9:52am:
argh ... when this happens, I use to fix it manually ...  Cry Cry

LOL yeah ..there must be some better solution... it happened to me also in the queen air.. its very tricky to repair that manually
(i use to copy x coordinates of the vertex then paste it into the odd vertex... and so and so)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 1st Sep, 2008 at 11:33am

N2056   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

That looks familiar, and I have found that most of the time it is because I needed to weld vertices. If I get a bad result like that I 'undo', shift to vertice edit, weld the offenders (where you got the odd edges), return to edge mode & try it again.

That's a great looking project you have going there, keep up the great work!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #17 - 1st Sep, 2008 at 11:25pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

thanks! well... i used the "shell" modifier in max. and deleted the external skin!
but i was working one of the latest files.. and saved (screwed) the file...
i had to return to an older file and re-texture....  Sad

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

well that worked nice cause textures matched together excelent this time!

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 2nd Sep, 2008 at 8:15am

Paco Sanchez   Offline
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

I also have had similar problesm when extruding window and door sills, and in many cases the only fix is to manually as Mario says, which becomes a pain in the aft propeller  Grin.

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #19 - 9th Sep, 2008 at 3:51pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

jodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa compadre, that bird looks awesome, i only change the YV for HK Cheesy

If you need the pics of the colombian O-2 just let me know Grin

Aeronautical Engineer
MSc (c) Mechanical Engineer}
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 9th Sep, 2008 at 5:06pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

well colombian O-2 is some kind of M337G (small rear windows) , and it looked like it has the fixed gear doors mod
from what i remember those pics you showed me.. drop me a link here... o pasamela al mail compa

having my first fights with VC...

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 9th Sep, 2008 at 5:37pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Here comes the pics

Abrazos Wink

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 9th Sep, 2008 at 5:52pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

vio? es una G! esta bien chula...
well cuando tengas las military gauges of the dragon me las prestas  Tongue
de vaina y le escribieron la matricula jejejej

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 9th Sep, 2008 at 6:02pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

supersabre wrote on 9th Sep, 2008 at 5:52pm:
vio? es una G! esta bien chula...
well cuando tengas las military gauges of the dragon me las prestas  Tongue
de vaina y le escribieron la matricula jejejej

JAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJA and that spanglish, ojo y va y se le lengua la traba  Grin Grin Grin

The gauges, let me begin the vc (noooooooooooooooooo i dont want, muy largo) and them i send u the gauges  Wink

saludos

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 9th Sep, 2008 at 6:05pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

demasiado spaliglishiado!
broder whats on the rear of the ship? a table ..and some radios? its a sigint aircraft?

« Last Edit: 9th Sep, 2008 at 9:16pm by supersabre »  

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 9th Sep, 2008 at 11:57pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

yep, ours o-2 are ELINT and SIGINT. tengo entendido q es para operador de equipos

Regards  Wink

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 10th Sep, 2008 at 7:39am

mariopilot   Offline
Fly to Live, Live to Fly
Carasco, Italy, Genova

this is top-notch modelling! boy, look at that prop ...  Shocked
whoaaa

Mariopilot
IP Logged

Reply #27 - 10th Sep, 2008 at 11:27pm

Ron Hagen   Offline
Point Pusher
Student Developer
USA

Yep...that looks exactly like a McCauley D2AF34C59 !   But it should be set at 11.7° at the 30" station when at low pitch.  Grin

Excellent job!

Ron Hagen
IP Logged

Reply #28 - 11th Sep, 2008 at 10:21am

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

nice data!!! thanks!

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 17th Sep, 2008 at 3:36am

lionheart   Offline
Phoenix Arizona

The great guru Gerard taught us a few months back on how to work around that.  Basically, convert your cabin to a Poly object.  Then delete 'Edges' that are aroudn the border of an opening you are going to extrude, then chamfer.  Make sure there are no 'Y' junctions.  (Poly objects can have their inner edges deleted without losing the polygon skins).

Another cause of this may be vertices that are too close together, or not welded.  If you make the vertices a bit more uniform and not have clusters of them close together, then it will behave nicer on an Extrude, and on a Chamfer.

Awesome 'Mix-Master'!  Excellent work.  Love those planes.  One flew into Deer Valley last weekend.

Bill

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print