Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
A-37B DragonFly __ T-37B/C Tweet (Read 14295 times)
Reply #15 - 30th Aug, 2008 at 7:31pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Quote:
Paisa, ¿pitaste?

???????????????????????????

PS: THe fillets are really hard  Undecided

Aeronautical Engineer
MSc (c) Mechanical Engineer}
Aeronautical technician

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 3rd Sep, 2008 at 9:44pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

como va esto???  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 3rd Sep, 2008 at 11:50pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi
There is a flying Dragonfly at the Temora Museum Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Ive found the ppl there very helpful with info from time to time
Cheers
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 12:32pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

supersabre wrote on 3rd Sep, 2008 at 9:44pm:
como va esto???  Grin

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry My sister was playing with the pc the other night while i was working and she freeze the pc, when it restart the file was corrupted and the fsc dont work again, but i had a copy in a zip, so i just lost one week of work (main landing gear, refuelling probe)  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Au-MaV, good info is there  Wink thanks for the link

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 1:25pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Quote:
supersabre wrote on 3rd Sep, 2008 at 9:44pm:
como va esto???  Grin

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry My sister was playing with the pc the other night while i was working and she freeze the pc, when it restart the file was corrupted and the fsc dont work again, but i had a copy in a zip, so i just lost one week of work (main landing gear, refuelling probe)  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Au-MaV, good info is there  Wink thanks for the link

Check your main FSDS folder for the "autobak.fsc" file.

Just remember - a dedicated computer modeller will be a jesuit ....   "Jesus Saves"    (pun intended, no religious overtones - other than the sacrosant command "Thou shalt save often" - is implied....  )

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #20 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 2:07pm

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

Yup! not only save the whole project frequently, but at the end make a backup copy of the main file and if possible save each part as you go and modify. Let's get paranoid!

Jose.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 4:39pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

i had a dose of that tooo!

i found myself destroying my latest save to make "the interior" .. erased tails... gear.. elevators... rear prop...
Ctrl+ S

then i saw in the upper left..it wasnt the "XXXX_interior" file... lost all the UVWs...
but dont worry if you can do it once..

...seconds and fifths times are faster an clean!

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 10:01pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Well finally i can cut the cockpit  Grin Grin Grin

What do you think about the engine nacelles???? approved??

Best Regards

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 10:11pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

I think that one latent danger is when u work with several programs (fsds 3.51 and blender in my case) because u must save a couple of parts to send them to the other program and u forget change the name, and with just one click u save the model without change its name and just with that u lost a lot of work Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 10:18pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 5th Sep, 2008 at 6:31am

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

... that canopy need more vertex, Y axis... use those 10 that has and chamfer them! to get roundness.. nacelles good
« Last Edit: 5th Sep, 2008 at 10:05am by supersabre »  

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 6th Sep, 2008 at 7:19pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

supersabre wrote on 5th Sep, 2008 at 6:31am:
... that canopy need more vertex, Y axis... use those 10 that has and chamfer them! to get roundness.. nacelles good

It is no necessary, with the frame i can make looks it more rounded.

My nightmare was the refuelling probe, only with blender and a lot of time i can make that shape, however that thing results heavy 470 polygons  Huh

Regards

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 8th Sep, 2008 at 6:15am

Paco Sanchez   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

Hi Eduardo,

470 polygons does not sound heavy to me... 12000 on a single part starts sounding a bit heavy.  Wink

By the way... Does the real probe have that shape? Wink

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #28 - 8th Sep, 2008 at 11:26am

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Hola Paco

its a relief that this part where not heavy, i tought that that because she has a lot of points.

By the way, the refuelling shape is even a little more strange

Saludos  Grin

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 8th Sep, 2008 at 3:39pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

Shocked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print