Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
A-37B DragonFly __ T-37B/C Tweet (Read 14297 times)
27th Aug, 2008 at 10:23pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Hi all

Now i'm working in the cessna A-37B DragonFly, this is like the 5 of 6 time that i try to make this plane, but this one will be the last one. This plane is my nemesis, i love this plane, that is why i never be happy with the progres so far and i deleted it  Tongue

I have a question that i would like to make.

* What is/are the difference between the A-37 and the T-37???? i mean with their shapes, no internal like engine Wink

Can some one give a hand with the FD????  Grin I can make the model, panel and textures, but the FD  Undecided

I want that this plane will be just perfect, the gem of the crown

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Best Regards

Eduardo Fadul

Aeronautical Engineer
MSc (c) Mechanical Engineer}
Aeronautical technician

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 28th Aug, 2008 at 1:07am

jimslost   Offline
LDV Engineer
The more I learn, the
less I know

Ah, yes, the 6,500# dog whistle .... Smiley  As I recall, the biggest and most obvious external differences between the T-37 and the A-37 is that the latter had very large tip tanks and three or four hard points on each wing for external fuel tanks and ordinance.  I believe there was a pair of guns mounted in the nose as well.  I think googling the two types will bring more than enough pictures for you to get a good idea of what you need as both versions served for decades.

Except for the fact that they are jet powered (and I haven't done any work on jets myself), I would think the flight dynamics would be pretty straight forward as the plane didn't go fast enough to get into things like mach tuck or even compressability.  As you may already know, the T-37 was powered by a pair of centrifugal flow Continental engines which, when back at idle, took forever to spool up.  To prevent the student from killing himself by having no power response on approach, all landing approaches were flown with the speed brakes out.  As I recall (I'm digging back more than 36 years here), if the speed brakes were deployed and the gear was down, thrust attenuators also deployed into the exhaust stream of the engines reducing effective thrust.  All this extra drag and attenuated thrust required the pilot to carry about 70% rpm on the engines on approach which meant that if a go-around was required, thrust response would be quick and positive enough to keep the pilot from digging a permanent hole in the ground.  That means you get to build and animate the speedbrakes (no problem) and build and animate the thrust attenuators, which will probably require a custom made xml. 

One other FD note - the plane had "quirky" spin characteristics.  Spins tended to be relatively flat; to recover the pilot identified the direction of the spin, applied full opposite rudder, counted to three, then SLAMMED the stick to the forward stop and brought it back to approximately neutral.  This usually brought the plane out in perhaps half a turn.  However, a classmate on a dual ride made two unsuccessful attempts to recover from a spin, after which the instructor took the airplane and made his own unsuccessful attempt.  The IP ordered the student to bail out, but when the canopy blew that changed the airflow enough to pitch the nose down for a recovery.  They elected to fly back to base with the student on an armed ejection seat.  Scary stuff.

You will probably need expert help duplicating this spin, if you chose to do so.  Conventional spins elude me.

It looks as though you're off to a great start and I look forward to following your progress.

jim

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 11:06am

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Hi Jim

Thanks for your words. The stall was something that sometime a lot of time ago my cousin told me, he says that this plane is really capricious and hard to recover. I'm trying to find a A-37 and T-37 pilot to check the plane before i release it.

I'll have your note really present at the moment of try a FD  Wink

The plane now have its empennage and mustache Tongue

Best Regards

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 12:30pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Eduardo - don't forget the one-off BizJet version!!!

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 1:01pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Quote:
Eduardo - don't forget the one-off BizJet version!!!

BizJet  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh which one was that?????

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 1:06pm

Felipe   Offline
Spline Extruder
CYFD

le ta quedando bonito compa Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&S.O.P.A.S&&Seat Of the Pants Aero-Simulations
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 1:08pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 1:34pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Quote:

ta feo

its ugly

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 2:03pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Very interesting link there, Felix. Did you click on the About button and follow to this fellow's actual work?

Apparently he's the guy who has done the professional CAD work for Epic's Victory, Diamond's Eclipse, and Saffire's VLJ as well! Wink

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 2:40pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

First approach to the wings, dont worry the fillets are coming Wink

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 3:29pm

Felipe   Offline
Spline Extruder
CYFD

Quote:

wayyyy ahead of its time... and everyone laughed at them :p modern day VLJ's gramps

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&S.O.P.A.S&&Seat Of the Pants Aero-Simulations
IP Logged

Reply #11 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 3:33pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

aja compadre! menos mal que lo empezo a hacer!
si no lo hacia yo mismo!

let the 407 for me Tongue
if you don't do this ill make it after the 337 myself Tongue
chees tris! bro

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 3:51pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Quote:
Quote:

wayyyy ahead of its time... and everyone laughed at them :p modern day VLJ's gramps

Ugly plane, i prefer the new ones  Wink

supersabre wrote on 29th Aug, 2008 at 3:33pm:
aja compadre! menos mal que lo empezo a hacer!
si no lo hacia yo mismo!

let the 407 for me Tongue
if you don't do this ill make it after the 337 myself Tongue
chees tris! bro

Go ahead, you have the way completely, totally, entirely free for the 407  Grin

You know that i want a copy of your 337 with the Colombian Air Force colours  Smiley

Saludos

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 5:06pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

Quote:
Can some one give a hand with the FD????

pue serr...

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 29th Aug, 2008 at 5:11pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Paisa, ¿pitaste?

IP Logged

Reply #15 - 30th Aug, 2008 at 7:31pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Quote:
Paisa, ¿pitaste?

???????????????????????????

PS: THe fillets are really hard  Undecided

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 3rd Sep, 2008 at 9:44pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

como va esto???  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 3rd Sep, 2008 at 11:50pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi
There is a flying Dragonfly at the Temora Museum Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Ive found the ppl there very helpful with info from time to time
Cheers
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 12:32pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

supersabre wrote on 3rd Sep, 2008 at 9:44pm:
como va esto???  Grin

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry My sister was playing with the pc the other night while i was working and she freeze the pc, when it restart the file was corrupted and the fsc dont work again, but i had a copy in a zip, so i just lost one week of work (main landing gear, refuelling probe)  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Au-MaV, good info is there  Wink thanks for the link

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 1:25pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Quote:
supersabre wrote on 3rd Sep, 2008 at 9:44pm:
como va esto???  Grin

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry My sister was playing with the pc the other night while i was working and she freeze the pc, when it restart the file was corrupted and the fsc dont work again, but i had a copy in a zip, so i just lost one week of work (main landing gear, refuelling probe)  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Au-MaV, good info is there  Wink thanks for the link

Check your main FSDS folder for the "autobak.fsc" file.

Just remember - a dedicated computer modeller will be a jesuit ....   "Jesus Saves"    (pun intended, no religious overtones - other than the sacrosant command "Thou shalt save often" - is implied....  )

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 2:07pm

joanvalley   Offline
Spline Extruder
Mexicali, B. C., Mexico

Yup! not only save the whole project frequently, but at the end make a backup copy of the main file and if possible save each part as you go and modify. Let's get paranoid!

Jose.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 4:39pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

i had a dose of that tooo!

i found myself destroying my latest save to make "the interior" .. erased tails... gear.. elevators... rear prop...
Ctrl+ S

then i saw in the upper left..it wasnt the "XXXX_interior" file... lost all the UVWs...
but dont worry if you can do it once..

...seconds and fifths times are faster an clean!

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 10:01pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Well finally i can cut the cockpit  Grin Grin Grin

What do you think about the engine nacelles???? approved??

Best Regards

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 10:11pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

I think that one latent danger is when u work with several programs (fsds 3.51 and blender in my case) because u must save a couple of parts to send them to the other program and u forget change the name, and with just one click u save the model without change its name and just with that u lost a lot of work Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 10:18pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 5th Sep, 2008 at 6:31am

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

... that canopy need more vertex, Y axis... use those 10 that has and chamfer them! to get roundness.. nacelles good
« Last Edit: 5th Sep, 2008 at 10:05am by supersabre »  

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 6th Sep, 2008 at 7:19pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

supersabre wrote on 5th Sep, 2008 at 6:31am:
... that canopy need more vertex, Y axis... use those 10 that has and chamfer them! to get roundness.. nacelles good

It is no necessary, with the frame i can make looks it more rounded.

My nightmare was the refuelling probe, only with blender and a lot of time i can make that shape, however that thing results heavy 470 polygons  Huh

Regards

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 8th Sep, 2008 at 6:15am

Paco Sanchez   Offline
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

Hi Eduardo,

470 polygons does not sound heavy to me... 12000 on a single part starts sounding a bit heavy.  Wink

By the way... Does the real probe have that shape? Wink

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #28 - 8th Sep, 2008 at 11:26am

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Hola Paco

its a relief that this part where not heavy, i tought that that because she has a lot of points.

By the way, the refuelling shape is even a little more strange

Saludos  Grin

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 8th Sep, 2008 at 3:39pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #30 - 8th Sep, 2008 at 5:14pm

mariopilot   Offline
Fly to Live, Live to Fly
Carasco, Italy, Genova

w KNOW you are a fan of the Dragonfly, and this will lead you to output a superbly crafted model as we can see!! (one time I attempted doing some models for one guy, I just built one in a month of time with a barely decent result ... I can't get it right if it is not my election!)
Keep it up!!

Mariopilot
IP Logged

Reply #31 - 8th Sep, 2008 at 7:21pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Ew, it's circumcised!  Grin

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #32 - 9th Sep, 2008 at 12:10am

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

supersabre wrote on 8th Sep, 2008 at 3:39pm:
Shocked

What shocked you???? the refuelling probe or the pilot   Wink

mariopilot wrote on 8th Sep, 2008 at 5:14pm:
w KNOW you are a fan of the Dragonfly, and this will lead you to output a superbly crafted model as we can see!! (one time I attempted doing some models for one guy, I just built one in a month of time with a barely decent result ... I can't get it right if it is not my election!)
Keep it up!!

a fan ........ not only a fan, i tried to get inside the colombiar air force two times only to fly this plane, and of course defend my country of the &%$&%"#  terrorist  Angry, i want some day have my own dragon (a scale version at least Smiley)

Quote:
Ew, it's circumcised!  Grin

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry poor dragon, that must hurt Tongue

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #33 - 9th Sep, 2008 at 12:27am

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

This dragon is getting me white hair. The engine nacelles and inlets are really hard. And only the idea that some day i'll have to make the vc Undecided Undecided  thats something terrifying

I have to make allllllllllllllllllll that  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked mamaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Undecided (some of the gauges are wrong because this is a museum plane)

One pic of ours dragon with the us navy F-18 (ps: the colombian kfirs and a-37 "sunk" more than one frigate and "bomb" the carrier  Grin)

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #34 - 9th Sep, 2008 at 2:40pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Quote:
Hola Paco

its a relief that this part where not heavy, i tought that that because she has a lot of points.

Saludos  Grin

What refuelling shape? All I'm seeing in this photo is a hot chick in the cockpit and a hot chick inspecting the nose section.  Grin

Good work so far, Eduardo!

IP Logged

Reply #35 - 11th Sep, 2008 at 1:18pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Björn wrote on 9th Sep, 2008 at 2:40pm:
Quote:
Hola Paco

Saludos  Grin

What refuelling shape? All I'm seeing in this photo is a hot chick in the cockpit and a hot chick inspecting the nose section.  Grin

Good work so far, Eduardo!

I preffer the one in the cockpit  Wink

Here some pics of the progress

Best Regards

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #36 - 11th Sep, 2008 at 1:22pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

ay papa! looking good  Cheesy
me voy  a picar y voy a meterle mas vericuetos a la 337!

IP Logged

Reply #37 - 11th Sep, 2008 at 1:30pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

Quote:
I preffer the one in the cockpit  Wink

Me too. You don't happen to have her phone number, don't you?  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #38 - 13th Sep, 2008 at 8:40pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

With all the WIP planes here i'm felling like a novice so i had to work even harder to make the best dragon as possible.

This is the upper surface of the engine cover

I have a question. I want to make the minigun but i dont know if the pc have to calculate it even when she is inside its bay, its that true???? the pc calculate something that we dont see???? or it only calculate it when the cargo bay is open???? the same question is for the landing gear, the pc calculate its position even when we put the gear up??? can we make dessapear those parts when they are not visible to make a "light" model

Best Regards

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #39 - 14th Sep, 2008 at 11:17am

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

some custom xml  for the mingun, the #wheelwheel tag may work for the dissapearing gear!

IP Logged

Reply #40 - 14th Sep, 2008 at 11:29pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Well finally that bird looks as the real one, now is time for the details (and cut the wings Tongue)

FINALLY I can make the ............ engine cover

I think that she looks pretty good

Best Regards  Grin

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #41 - 15th Sep, 2008 at 4:52am

mariopilot   Offline
Fly to Live, Live to Fly
Carasco, Italy, Genova

Sure she does!
the engine exhaust are just awesome! textured this will be a blast ...

Mariopilot
IP Logged

Reply #42 - 17th Sep, 2008 at 12:23pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

New pics from the other side of the river

Best Regards  Grin

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #43 - 17th Sep, 2008 at 12:24pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

mariopilot wrote on 15th Sep, 2008 at 4:52am:
Sure she does!
the engine exhaust are just awesome! textured this will be a blast ...

Textures ......... coming soon  Wink

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #44 - 17th Sep, 2008 at 12:40pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

It's looking very good!

Eduardo - one thing I remember from the one time I went through Bogotá airport - the FAC had (still has?) a museum right on airport grounds.

Wouldn't it be a neat idea to start modelling aircraft from that museum - sort of a "Museo Virtual de la FAC"?  Instead of just static aircraft, we can "fly" them.

IP Logged

Reply #45 - 18th Sep, 2008 at 5:01pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Quote:
It's looking very good!

Eduardo - one thing I remember from the one time I went through Bogotá airport - the FAC had (still has?) a museum right on airport grounds.

Wouldn't it be a neat idea to start modelling aircraft from that museum - sort of a "Museo Virtual de la FAC"?  Instead of just static aircraft, we can "fly" them.

If my memory works well at the museum is only a t-37b no an a-37, the big problem is that the museum is in the Comando Aereo de Transporte Militar CATAM (Air command of military transport) and is really difficult can take pictures there, at every moment you have a soldier waching you, and are some angles forbidden.

At the military museum is a dragon, but that plane is careless without some details and the panel is a collage because there are gauges even from helicopters  Undecided

Regards  Wink

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #46 - 19th Sep, 2008 at 3:42pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Engine Inlet

The first scheme will be this one  Wink

PS:  The engine grid for the FOD is really hard to place

The frontal cockpit cut

Best Regards
« Last Edit: 20th Sep, 2008 at 12:13am by Eduardo Fadul »  

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #47 - 27th Sep, 2008 at 3:13pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

I can't generate the model with thr fsds 3.51 however with the 2.24 i can  Huh................ the problem now is that i dont know which part could be the problem  Huh Huh Huh

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #48 - 27th Sep, 2008 at 3:29pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Take a look of the engine inlet, and the grills over the engine covers

Best Regards

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #49 - 27th Sep, 2008 at 11:24pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Quote:
I can't generate the model with thr fsds 3.51 however with the 2.24 i can  Huh................ the problem now is that i dont know which part could be the problem  Huh Huh Huh

What does the error log say?

IP Logged

Reply #50 - 27th Sep, 2008 at 11:30pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Quote:
What does the error log say?

Only appear a window that says

Failed to create MDL file!

then another

Failed to copy MDL file!

and thats all, there not a text file  Undecided

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #51 - 28th Sep, 2008 at 11:06pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi Mate
Any double sided pollys in those grills ?
they will make fsds3 choke every time
have a look in the fsds main folder for the _error.log or _temp.log file
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #52 - 29th Sep, 2008 at 12:03am

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Au-MaV wrote on 28th Sep, 2008 at 11:06pm:
Hi Mate
Any double sided pollys in those grills ?
they will make fsds3 choke every time
have a look in the fsds main folder for the _error.log or _temp.log file
Wozza

Compadre THANKS a lot  Wink

in the temp i found the problem, it was at the spoiler's mechanisms

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #53 - 10th Jul, 2009 at 7:50pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Well after a looonnnngggg brake i'm working once again in the Dragon, i'm working on the landing gear

I want to make the model so accurate as possible, but i have a doubt. When the landing gear is inside the fuselage, FS still calculate its position as if it be visible??? if so, how can i make those parts disappear in order to make a lighter model????

T-37 Landing Gear (Same than A-37B)

Best Regards

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #54 - 10th Jul, 2009 at 11:47pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

two more pics, she looks pretty good  Grin

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #55 - 11th Jul, 2009 at 11:25am

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

For FS9, create parts named c_wheelwell, l_wheelwell, and r_wheelwell and use them as the parent nodes for the landing gear.

Fr. Bill
IP Logged

Reply #56 - 14th Mar, 2010 at 2:41pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

The first try to make a new 3D Gauges, High Detail VC

Original

best Regards

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #57 - 14th Mar, 2010 at 7:21pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

New pics

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #58 - 14th Mar, 2010 at 9:45pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

The last one for today

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #59 - 15th Mar, 2010 at 4:44pm

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

VeryveryveryveryveryveryveryVERY nice!  Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #60 - 15th Mar, 2010 at 6:45pm

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

WOW! that looks GREAT Eduardo!

Mark

Be happy! Life's too short not to be!

Core i7 870, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia 1280MB GTX470, 24" LCD, 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 500GB HDD & 1 x 320GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
IP Logged

Reply #61 - 16th Mar, 2010 at 2:09pm

DaveNunez   Offline
Seattle, Washington

You are modelling in FSDS right? How did you get that nice render with the reflection underneath?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #62 - 16th Mar, 2010 at 2:13pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

DaveNunez wrote on 16th Mar, 2010 at 2:09pm:
You are modelling in FSDS right? How did you get that nice render with the reflection underneath?

Dave now i modelled in blender, i only use FSDS to generate the mdl, but the work is done with blender, with this program i can make the model 3 or 4 time faster, and the final result is by far better.

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #63 - 24th Apr, 2010 at 2:38pm

supersabre   Offline
Polygon Twister

nah compa para hacerlo en blender te montas en Max de una vez! Tongue dele guaya que ya queiro pasear en este tweet

IP Logged

Reply #64 - 25th May, 2011 at 3:47pm

fah1008   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

Hey Eduardo, I would like to know how is your work going with the A-37B...please pal dont forget we are waiting for it...it would be the first dragonfly for Fsx..
                        SALUDOS DESDE CENTROAMERICA! Grin

IP Logged

Reply #65 - 7th Jun, 2011 at 10:03pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Hi fah, i must toll you that the plane unfortunately is paused i'm designing my ultralight LSA -

Mine Blog

Best regards  Smiley

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print