Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Real Pete! (Read 1991 times)
4th Sep, 2008 at 9:12pm

N2056   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

Our real Pietenpol has been back in the air for the last month or so, and on Labor Day I was able to get together with Dad and we went out for about an hour. It was the first time I have flown in Pete in years, and I really had a good time. Here are some shots from the flight  Smiley

Lined Up
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Twin Beech, T-28, and an L-29
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

San Diego Trolly

Gillespie Field

Low & Slow!

Short Final

Back at the Hanger

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 10:46pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

What kind of frame rates did you get  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 4th Sep, 2008 at 11:09pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Quote:
What kind of frame rates did you get  Wink

Darn, you beat me to it!

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 5th Sep, 2008 at 6:41am

Paco Sanchez   Offline
I want axis-driven animations
back NOW!!!
Vigo, Spain

I like how you did the tires bump-mapping, very realistic! Grin

Paco.&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 5th Sep, 2008 at 8:10pm

N2056   Offline
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

If only I could include the contortions required to get into the front cockpit... Tongue
It's a real adventure to get in & out.  I had someone ask once if I wore a parachute...I told them by the time I got out it would already be too late!  Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 6th Sep, 2008 at 11:21am

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

Its nice to see some pics you have taken whilst going for a flight in the real Pete, you lucky devil.  Wink
I only get to fly in your gmax Pete, regularly. It is (and has been for a long time) the default airplane when I start FSX. So I normally I just pick an airport and off I go. But that's okay with me, because I love low and slow.

Mark

Be happy! Life's too short not to be!

Core i7 870, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia 1280MB GTX470, 24" LCD, 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 500GB HDD & 1 x 320GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 7th Sep, 2008 at 6:00pm

mariopilot   Offline
Fly to Live, Live to Fly
Carasco, Italy, Genova

Wish I could fly ...
The short finals is really crious! I'm wondering about the last stunts to aligh with one of these runways!!  Grin

Mariopilot
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 8th Sep, 2008 at 10:07am

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Must have been a blast. It is interesting to see everything dry and brown. My fears about winter continuing into the summer came true. We have had a cold wet summer. But everything sure is green. I kinda miss the usual August brown.

Cheers
Shad

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 8th Sep, 2008 at 11:42am

Björn   Offline
Spline Extruder
Do-328
Wismar (GER)

The sceneries could use more AI traffic. Have you tried Markus Brunner's GA Traffic generator?  Grin

P.S: Nice to see a tram in a US city.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print