Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Quicktime to ??? (Read 1139 times)
17th Nov, 2008 at 1:28pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

My really fancy video cam only records in quicktime (*.mov) format.  However, the output, when played on the PC, is not even 1 fps, it's more like a slide show, jumping several frames, etc.

I'm wondering if converting it to AVI format will give it a normal view, or whether I should just connect the cables to the video cam and record it into the PC as "video capture" ? ?

(The files are of several performances, and one of the shuttle night launch  as (barely) seen from my back yard)

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 17th Nov, 2008 at 6:43pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Ohio

I would recommend the video capture route.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 17th Nov, 2008 at 6:47pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

The other thing that worked was copy the files to the #1 computer (long story why I was doing it on my older computer), with a better video card/driver?

QT movies now sahow perfectly.

Unfortunately, the cameraman sucks!!!

Sound qulity is awful - it's a cheap videocam and I was using the built in mic..  OF course, the performances were done in the dance studio during the party so the wild cheering and clapping of the aurdience overpowered the music.

THen, the shuttle launch was brilliantly filmed .....  through the screen porch.  No, I couldn't be bothered to step outside the door...

<sigh>

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 21st Nov, 2008 at 5:32pm

foxwolfen   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

LMAO

Sorry I have not been around much boys, I have been working 6 days a week, 60+ hours a week since the summer at my new job. I am so overloaded its just stupid.

Will try to be around a bit more (not that I have any free time, I just miss the place Smiley ).

Cheers
Shad

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print