Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First clip from Letter Home (Read 1298 times)
7th Dec, 2008 at 7:43am

J_MacKay   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Ohio

Here's a WIP clip for the "Letter Home" video.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Only one sound and no music. That'll come later.

Doesn't look like two months of work does it?  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 7th Dec, 2008 at 8:40pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

You are kidding right? Outstanding start. Bravo.  Cheesy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 8th Dec, 2008 at 7:01am

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

It was suppose to be a small quicky of a movie, but I've never been one to keep things simple. I had to build 3 air bases, Moncton, Summerside and Charolettown, for both FSX and FS9. And in exchange for the use of the BCATP hangers, I've had to help the Flight Ontario group with scenery objects of a Harvard, Anson and Tiger Moth.

The hardest shot so far was the scene where the camera follows the jeep as it drives by. Trying to do camera matching between FS9 and Carrara Pro for the entire scene proved to be too difficult in the amount of time I allowed myself. You'll notice there are no Poser figures in view once the camera has turned 90 degrees. I spent the entire Thanksgiving holiday on just that one scene. 15 hours for 15 seconds is a little too much. Smiley

I still have to build a train station set-up and a stretch of track across the Tantramar Marsh (stretch on border between NB and NS) in Trainz.

The classic Harvard engine sound came off a YouTube clip. I'll be writing for permission to use now that I have this little clip finished.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 9th Dec, 2008 at 1:19am

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Heheh, yeah, anybody who thinks this stuff will be quick to do is in for a rude awakening eh?  Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print