Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Second clip from Letter Home (Read 1091 times)
19th Dec, 2008 at 7:00am

J_MacKay   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Ohio

Here's another WIP clip.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Again no sound or music. Kind of shows how important those elements are to a video simply by not being there.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 19th Dec, 2008 at 1:59pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Very nice! I'm enjoying following the progress with this project.  Cool

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 19th Dec, 2008 at 3:04pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Thanks,

It's encouraging to know.

I was beginning to think I was just talking to myself when it came to making these updates.

The big internal debate at the moment is how much time to spend on adding the figures to the scenes. The last clip that shows the plane taxiing out to take-off looks so empty without people. But adding people doubles the production time. If the camera changes position or rotates then adding figures becomes very tricky. I looked at the price of camera matching software. It's even more than high-end 3d modeling programs.

I had every intention of using that storyboard software you told us about. But since I'm not collaborating with anyone, it seemed to be a bother more than a help. Of course when I get 3/4 of the way through and realize that a scene needs to be added or deleted I'll feel differently.

Again, thanks for letting me know you're looking in.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print