Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Bell 407 with FSDS V3 (Read 26237 times)
Reply #15 - 13th Jan, 2009 at 10:57am

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

flwpheonix wrote on 13th Jan, 2009 at 3:02am:
HuhDon't understand what you mean?

A picture is worth a thousand words... Wink

It seems to be a nice mesh template, but a bit confusing...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 13th Jan, 2009 at 11:37am

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Wink Ahhh.....(insert slapping forehead smiley here)

Top is left...second it right just flipped, and that last one is the shadow from inside of the engine nacelles... The last one is not entirely mapped, just a small portion of it, but as of right now I have not needed to map more exterior parts...(probably as I get further into it...)

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 21st Jan, 2009 at 11:16pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Oh, okay... I can see that having the right side 'flipped' will make painting and lining up seams, etc. easier.  With the power of today's Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, flipping text is so easy it makes sense to make the larger, more detailed fuselage, etc. easier to paint...  Cool

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 22nd Jan, 2009 at 5:23am

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

No prob Bill....as you can see the colored line were also used to make 100% sure that everything lined up....
BTW, Bill, happy belated Birthday!

Some update pics....
Cabin is starting to get seats!!!!!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Upper console...

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 22nd Jan, 2009 at 10:48am

NWarty   Offline
Spline Extruder
"Pushing Polys in Iraq"
Oly, WA

Nice work Nate! Those switches and circuit breakers in the overhead look fantastic  Cool

Blake Melancon&&Scaled Composites Pond Racer N221BP&&
IP Logged

Reply #20 - 22nd Jan, 2009 at 10:52am

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Thanks! Not sure on the fonts though....I couldn't find one that matched the reference pics I had.... Embarrassed

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 22nd Jan, 2009 at 12:12pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

flwpheonix wrote on 22nd Jan, 2009 at 10:52am:
Thanks! Not sure on the fonts though....I couldn't find one that matched the reference pics I had.... Embarrassed

There are several websites where if you have a reference photo available it will be analyzed and the font will be identified for you.

Fr. Bill
IP Logged

Reply #22 - 22nd Jan, 2009 at 5:54pm

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Really!? You have any links?

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 22nd Jan, 2009 at 10:33pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

This is the one I've used several times.  It's bookmarked in my browser... Wink

Fr. Bill
IP Logged

Reply #24 - 23rd Jan, 2009 at 3:37am

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Thanks Bill! Tried it out, but got an error because it is too complex....Guess it doesn't like the switches and everything...

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 24th Jan, 2009 at 11:59am

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

flwpheonix wrote on 23rd Jan, 2009 at 3:37am:
Thanks Bill! Tried it out, but got an error because it is too complex....Guess it doesn't like the switches and everything...

You need to crop out a single word and submit that for evaluation. Too much is worse than too little! Wink

Fr. Bill
IP Logged

Reply #26 - 24th Jan, 2009 at 2:07pm

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Doh!!!!!! Now why didn't I think of that.... Embarrassed

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 6th Feb, 2009 at 5:53am

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Some updated pics....Thanks to Fr. Bill for the XML stuff for the doors!  Also added the nav lights, beacon, and the air supply system for the floats.

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 23rd May, 2009 at 3:19pm

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Decided to wash her today after reworking the nose section

Which the led me to start Project 206 at the same time...

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 4th Jun, 2009 at 5:58pm

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Thanks to Nobu from the Hovercontrol forums, she now has a Main Rotor....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print