Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lysander (Read 4877 times)
12th Feb, 2009 at 12:25pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
visible in range

A wee peek at an upcoming release , should be fun trying to avoid the treetops during a full moon with this ,
Sadno Felix there is no XLS model but a bottle of scotch was kept in the back for medicinal reasons only
 Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12th Feb, 2009 at 12:49pm

PutPut   Offline
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

Drool!!  Snort!!!  When??  Where??  I seldom get payware aircraft; I prefer to "role my own" but I certainly will go for this model!  BTW, regarding the booze, did you know the spec for the Vought SBU-1 said that the baggage compartment behind the rear gunner should be large enough for a "Navy Ration" of Rum?

Paul

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12th Feb, 2009 at 1:14pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

XLS versions are only for cibbilian airyplanes.  It is presumed that the military need not be told of the obvious load requirements...

(side note:  Isn't there a photo floating someplace of a Spit with two barrels of "morale fortification" on the wings?

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12th Feb, 2009 at 3:33pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Francois from FSAddon Publishing commissioned the Lizzy and supplied a superb assortment of documents, pics, etc,
MilViz did the model and  i  the " Technician" am tasked with bringing her into FSX & FS9 by attending to the systems animations,
making the gauges and specialty coding for engine management as well as taking  care of its materials palette and any extra features .
Release will probably come in the early fall as few release in mid summer , giving plenty of time for beta tasting ( no typo ) Cool

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 12th Feb, 2009 at 7:26pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Here you go Felix

It's a print by Ronald Wong

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 12th Feb, 2009 at 7:47pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Lysander must be on a lot of folk's minds these days.

Here's the latest scenery object I helped texture for the Flight Ontario folks and their BCATP project.

Congratulations on the Lysander project Chuck. Looks like you and Montreal are becoming a center for flight sim development.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 19th Mar, 2009 at 11:06am

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Into FSX with its materials done

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 19th Mar, 2009 at 1:27pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Chuck - something just dawned on me - the model is shown with Type "A" roundels on the top of the wing, whereas the standard for that period was type "B" (no white).

Since the model shown is that flown by the Shittleworth collection, the photo linked to below shows the type B roundels on top.

**Note, this is NOT to say that at some point, either the WW2 aircraft or the current Shuttleworth airplane was (or is) flown with the Type A roundels***.

In "my" mind's eye, a special ops Lysander would have had ALL Type B's on the black finish...  but then again.

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 19th Mar, 2009 at 4:02pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

You are right about the Shuttleworth  collection  being the source of the models paint job , the images we have of it show type 1' on the side.
We have a couple of dozen taken by Francois on site but i didn't have any of the upper wing surface unfortunately, i did find one of another site that show type two roundels on top , also the red wasnt quite right  and  needed justment, i added a pilot while i was at it.

« Last Edit: 19th Mar, 2009 at 5:05pm by Chuck Jodry »  

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 24th Mar, 2009 at 1:30am

DaveNunez   Offline
Seattle, Washington

Nice job on the materials.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #10 - 27th Mar, 2009 at 10:21pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

With further refinements to the specularity of the paint finish and some strength to the normal map, as well as a reflection map and custom fresnel ramp adding to the mix to get the look closer to the real plane , believe it or not there were about one hundred models burnt to get to that result and i might yet add a tad more shine . 

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 1st Apr, 2009 at 11:59am

Rick_Piper   Offline
LDV Engineer
No thanks!

Hi Chuck

Superb job mate

Please remember to reverse the tail flash on the port side of the fin though as on the photos  Wink (red part is forward on both sides for UK WWII insignia)

We need a good Lysander mate

Regards
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 1st Apr, 2009 at 12:23pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Nice catch Rick , Thanks a bunch ! Wink

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 6th Apr, 2009 at 2:20pm

Mathias   Offline
Spline Extruder
Jau!
Germany

Nice model Chuck, but I dare to say, the black textures are too black.
I'd say light them up/desaturate a bit and bake a bit of shinyness into the skin as opposed to using "dynamic" shine only.
Oh well, black and white is always the hardest part.

Mathias&&
IP Logged

Reply #14 - 8th May, 2009 at 1:17pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

Currently in beta

« Last Edit: 14th May, 2009 at 8:12pm by Chuck Jodry »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print