Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
animated texture in Fsx or fs2004  possible? (Read 2406 times)
9th Mar, 2009 at 10:24am

skybridge   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
usa

Hi, i just watch a Youtub video. Flyampa Dubai (for fs 2004) there are some animated TV screen In side airport terminal . is any tutorial for making animated texture for Fsx ? like making a tv  or lcd screen in scenery ?

here the video :   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10th Mar, 2009 at 12:41pm

Travis   Offline
Spline Extruder
Cannot find REALITY.SYS.
 Universe halted.
Waco, TX

I'm guessing its a proprietary mark (meaning they know how, and only they know how).  It's probably something like XML programming, but I wouldn't bet on being able to reproduce it without considerable hardship.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
My Karma Ran Over Your Dogma
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 16th Mar, 2009 at 2:06am

DaveNunez   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Seattle, Washington

You could do it by linking visibility of a number of objects (each one has the texture of one frame of animation) to clock18 or something similar I guess. Does require XML voodoo though.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 16th Mar, 2009 at 2:23pm

Travis   Offline
Spline Extruder
Cannot find REALITY.SYS.
 Universe halted.
Waco, TX

Actually, I think Dave means "Tick18". Cool

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
My Karma Ran Over Your Dogma
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 17th Mar, 2009 at 11:13pm

skybridge   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
usa

i think so , that making animated texture need to be coded, i found it at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register,

it was for making billboard animation, just not with xml coding.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 18th Mar, 2009 at 12:50pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

While the "chained texture animations" discussed in the FS Developer thread works just fine as long as you restrict yourself to using the FS2004 SDK and tools.

Personally, I would stick with the XML script method since you could then have all the "screen displays" on one bitmap, instead of having a bunch of specially named bitmaps.

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 19th Mar, 2009 at 1:48pm

skybridge   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
usa

thanks bill, you are lighting up here,  a example xml code could be helpful. as Gps also using moving maps.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 19th Mar, 2009 at 5:05pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

I didn't say I knew how to do it, only that it probably can be done...  Grin

I'll have to give this some thought...  Wink

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 23rd Mar, 2009 at 2:00pm

dmaher   Offline
Spline Extruder
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Using the FX tool, in FSX, it’s pretty easy to set up an animated texture effect on a particle bill-board. 
Any given texture can be configured into square cells that are displayed in sequence. If you turned off the camera facing function on the particle it could easily used as a TV. It’s a pretty efficient way to do it I think.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 11th Apr, 2009 at 10:01am

skybridge   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!
usa

never thought that is Sdk, i will check that out. thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print