Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Memorial Project (Read 1396 times)
15th Mar, 2009 at 7:52pm

N2056   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

Last week I took on a project requested by a gentleman that lost his son-in-law when the CH-53 he was in went down in western Iraq, along with 30 other Marines back in 2005. This has become an experience I had not anticipated. I have had help from some well known people in the hobby, and last Friday I received a DVD from the person I am doing this for.

The DVD was a compilation of many things about his son-in-laws life. Most of it was from various Memorial services. To say that it hit home was putting it mildly. I had to have a box of tissues with me to watch it.

Here is what the memorial looks like right now. When it is done it will be placed at the location the chopper crashed, and be made available to anyone wanting it.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 15th Mar, 2009 at 8:53pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

<S>

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 9th Aug, 2009 at 1:59pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Months and months later, still waiting for a link or announcement on where this may be found...

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10th Aug, 2009 at 8:10pm

N2056   Offline
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

The needed .bgl file has been created to place the memorial at the site of the crash, and I am working on a suitable readme file. I have been in communication with the party that I am doing this for all along, and the Virtual Blue Angels recently did an incredibly well done tribute video using the model.

Here is the link to it...Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
The password is "tribute"

The final say on releasing the files to the public is not mine.
If/when I get the word I will upload, and let you know where it is.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 20th Aug, 2009 at 9:49pm

N2056   Offline
I see blue spots...
San Diego, CA USA

I have got the green light to put the memorial up for download. I have started to work on a suitable read me file for it. When I am done I'll let you know where to get it if you are interested.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print