Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New movie making resources (Read 937 times)
25th Mar, 2009 at 7:06am

J_MacKay   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Ohio

While not new to others, they were new to me and I discovered them just as I was wrapping up "A Letter Home ..."

First - there's a huge and free 3d model resource available through Google Sketchup's 3d Warehouse.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

There are literally thousand of models that can be used in building your movie sets. The key is finding the tools to convert the models into a format that your movie making software can use. Last night I found a Sketchup plugin that can export Sketchup models as X files.

The othe discovery was a program called Moviestorm.
« Last Edit: 25th Mar, 2009 at 7:53pm by J_MacKay »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 29th Mar, 2009 at 7:39pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

And Moviestorm would be?

Those are some impressive models.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 30th Mar, 2009 at 7:06am

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Moviestorm is Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's made by a company in the UK. They give-away the base software package, and make their money selling add-on packages.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print