Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finally, My Pipe Organ is Fixed! (Read 2601 times)
30th May, 2009 at 9:31pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Finally, after what seems like months (it was only two weeks) I got my "MIDIfied Pipe Organ" working again.  In celebration, I would like to share an .mp3 recording of the first piece of music I played on it. It is my own arrangement of "God of Our Fathers."

Caution! This is very loud as I pulled out practically all the stops on this.

Positiv Manual: Trompette en chamade
Great Manual: Tutti (this means everything!)
Pedals: pedal reeds & bombarde

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This is a customized Conn Artiste two manual, full pedalboard, MIDIfied console. It is powered by three P4 3.2 computers, running custom SoundFonts I have digitally recorded from some of the world's finest pipe organs.

Because of cascading hardware failures, I had to pull the ancient Sound Blaster AWE64 cards because they are no longer supported by Vista (no driver for 'em!) I had to code my own SoundFont loader software so I could use the default on-board "sound card."

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 31st May, 2009 at 7:25am

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Brilliant. What a marvelous way to start out a Sunday morning. Thank you. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 31st May, 2009 at 10:58am

Milton   Offline
Props forever!

Ah, beautiful sounds played extraordinarily.  Loved it!  Happy that you got the bits sorted out again, Bill. Thanks for sharing.

Milton Shupe&&Dash 7, Aero Commanders, Howard 500, D18S, Spartan 7W, A-26B/C,  XA38 Grizzly, DH-80A, AT-11, 427 Pinto Stock Car, The "Grumman Seven", Avia 51, 156, 56, 57
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 31st May, 2009 at 12:49pm

PutPut   Offline
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

Bill. that is stunning!  Thanks so much for sharing.

Paul

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 31st May, 2009 at 1:26pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

You are all most welcome! Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera, but this is what the console looks like unmodified:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 31st May, 2009 at 7:34pm

Chuck Jodry   Offline
visible in range

The Rev. Russell William "Bill" Leaming, SSG  " the Neighbour from hell ....

He runs that through a thousand watt speaker , it can be heard all the way to East Chicago !  , and i am happy for you Bill Wink

If it don't fit &&you need a bigger hammerMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&&&
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 31st May, 2009 at 7:50pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

Quote:
The Rev. Russell William "Bill" Leaming, SSG  " the Neighbour from hell ....

He runs that through a thousand watt speaker , it can be heard all the way to East Chicago !  , and i am happy for you Bill Wink

That's 1000 watts per channel!  Grin

Just to show I'm not a stuffed shirt who never has any fun at all, picture this...

I once played this as the Recessional after Mass one Sunday many, many years ago...

Fr. Bill
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 31st May, 2009 at 9:28pm

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

Fr. Bill. You are obviously a man of many talents.   Cheesy

Be happy! Life's too short not to be!

Core i7 870, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia 1280MB GTX470, 24" LCD, 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 500GB HDD & 1 x 320GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 31st May, 2009 at 10:18pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Brilliant. What a perfect way to end my Sunday. I can say with a great deal of confidence the Lord enjoyed that very much as well.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 31st May, 2009 at 11:08pm

Milton   Offline
Props forever!

Awesome rendition of "Just A Closer Walk With Thee" ... one of my all time favorite songs.  Matter of fact, I have been playing that a lot lately on the piano.  Wink

Interesting that many great technically minded programmers and developers are also musicians.

Thanks for sharing your other talents Bill.

Milton Shupe&&Dash 7, Aero Commanders, Howard 500, D18S, Spartan 7W, A-26B/C,  XA38 Grizzly, DH-80A, AT-11, 427 Pinto Stock Car, The "Grumman Seven", Avia 51, 156, 56, 57
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print