Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Abandoned Cars .... and planes (Read 634 times)
6th Jul, 2009 at 12:32pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

I just read an article online from a newspaper in Puerto Rico, that there are cars abandoned in the airport's parking garage.  Some are people that move and leave PR, and simply abandon the cars.  Others, can't pay the car, so they're abandoned... but that doesn't relieve them of the loan.  Of course, it's not unusual for cars to be left parked for a week or two, but after a month or so...

If the owner cannot be found, the abandoned cars are either sold off, or retained for use by the airport authority, etc.  "There are a number of messengers driving their duties in these abandoned cars."

Then, far less frequent, are cases of abandoned airplanes.  Right now there's a Cessna 337 ..... and there are a couple of other airplanes ....

Hmmmm... .and I remember that in the '80s there was the hulk of a Dragon Rapide, and one of the prototype BN Islanders was used by the PR police .... boy, I wish I'd had the foresight to buy that "junk",

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print