Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Updated site for 21CBP/AO (Read 2006 times)
23rd Jul, 2009 at 10:44am

foxwolfen   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

Hi gang. I know this has little to do with FS dev, but AO/21CBP have been cleaned up and updated. I have pretty much eliminated every thing outside music, art, lit, and aviation. There is no more amateur philosophy, no rants, no politics... just creative work and the support thereof.

While it may seem like I have not being doing much lately, quite the opposite is true. In the past year my music skills have grown astronomically and I now have some 20 songs written and recorded, some 100,000 words of a story written, and am engaged in a variety of online and real life collaborations for production, engineering and songs. My life has taken a turn in a whole new direction.

I am updating you all (whoever cares heheh ) mostly because when I first started coming here some 4(?) years ago (time flies) I  was doing none of this. It all started here. It was the creative talent at FFDS that inspired me to challenge myself. Boy what a ride it has been. Sadly, I am not a great model maker, but working on those  early FS projects opened my eyes to a world that had been and seemed unreachable to me. And you guys helped me reach for it. That I will never forget.

Cheers
Shad

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 23rd Jul, 2009 at 4:55pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Thanks for the update.  As always, you are more than welcome to stop by anytime.

The "creative spirit" goes both ways.    It's always that "why can't I do this?" that spurs someone to find that work around, or that little gem - being a new metaphor, a new melody, a new freaking xml code snippet......

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 23rd Jul, 2009 at 7:20pm

Fr. Bill   Offline
I used to have a life:
now I have GMax...
Hammond, IN

As Felix said, thanks for stopping by...

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you.  I've only written one piece of music in the past six years, and that was an organ piece in memory of my little dauschund, Bubba.   Cry

Fr. Bill
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Eaglesoft Development Group Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600-4 GB DDRII Crucial PC6400-500 GB SATA-ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro 256MB
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 24th Jul, 2009 at 11:50am

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

By respects to Bubba. Embarrassed I may be writing a similar piece soon myself, Sassy, my big ol mutt is on her last legs.

I must say, it has been an interesting journey these last few years as I discovered or rediscovered myself. I would not say that things are going 'well' (I am still poor) so much as things are now so different that it is hard to reconcile who I am today with who I was a few short years ago. That hasn't made me any less of a pain in the arse mind you. Grin

Sophie and I finally tied the knot last month. That went off very well.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try." - Beast Boy&&&&Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2700mhz OC , ASUS P5E, 4GB OZC Hi-Perf PC6400 DDR2,  Nvidia 8800GTX 786MB GDDR3, 2 x Sata 3.0
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 24th Jul, 2009 at 12:02pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

foxwolfen wrote on 24th Jul, 2009 at 11:50am:
By respects to Bubba. Embarrassed I may be writing a similar piece soon myself, Sassy, my big ol mutt is on her last legs.

Our condolences ...

Quote:
Sophie and I finally tied the knot last month. That went off very well.

Congratulations, but you do realize it isn't "official" until you submit your intentions in either "Jon's Pub" or here in the "21CBP" forums, for us to properly roast, harass, and otherwise abuse your good self?  I mean, there is a certain decorum that must be maintained in this loony bin (that's probably not even worth a twony, let alone a loony...)

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 24th Jul, 2009 at 8:12pm

J_MacKay   Offline
Ohio

Hip Hip Hurray for Shad and Sophie. You both look stunning in white  Cheesy

May you enrich each other always.

Sorry Felix but I can't think of anything clever or crude to say at the moment.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 24th Jul, 2009 at 10:46pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Quote:
Sorry Felix but I can't think of anything clever or crude to say at the moment.

It's obvious that he was scared of the tall tales we would most convincingly tell/show about Shad.  After all, we get Shad's face onto a Poser character, and set up a little scene in FS ....   (images of Shad streaking across the runway with a flight of Texans thundering in a formation take off....)

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 25th Jul, 2009 at 5:56pm

foxwolfen   Offline
the less I think, the
more I am
Ottawa, Canada

LMAO  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print