Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone seen Blake? (Read 3940 times)
18th Aug, 2009 at 5:33am

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Tried to send him a email, and it got sent back to me....I hope everything is ok since he is downrange... Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 17th Sep, 2009 at 9:30pm

NWarty   Offline
Spline Extruder
"Pushing Polys in Iraq"
Oly, WA

Nate,
I'm okay bud and just got back home a couple of weeks ago. Here's my email that you can contact me at.

bmelancon(at)comcast.net

Blake

Blake Melancon&&Scaled Composites Pond Racer N221BP&&
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 18th Sep, 2009 at 9:08am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Welcome back.

Now, you are required to present yourself at least once a week.... daily preferably...

(and remember, *I* can check to see if you show up...)

Smiley

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 1:02pm

NWarty   Offline
Spline Extruder
"Pushing Polys in Iraq"
Oly, WA

I've had a hard time writing this as the thought still makes me sick to my stomach.

A while back, I went to update my laptop to Vista SP2. This was the Dell laptop that had all of my Pond Racer files from when I was working on it in Iraq. I decided to dustoff the Pond Racer and compile one last time to publish here. Heck, she shimmied on take-off, wasn't spectacular in the air, by no means great, but I loved her like an ugly duckling and decided to put her out in the FS world. She was a wonderful learning experience and my first complete aircraft.

Upgrading to Vista SP2 caused my Dell laptop to crash, even with system restore, I couldn't recover the files. I thought I backed up my files to my thumbdrive, but apparently didn't. After a complete re-install...I no longer have the PR files.

If anyone out there has the beta files, could you PLEASE send em' my way?

v/r
Blake

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 1:37pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

e-mail sent.  not on the beta files, but a possible solution.

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 1:46pm

DaveNunez   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Seattle, Washington

Hey Blake, nice to have you back safe and sound! I still have some old beta source files let me know if you need them.

BTW, been seeing the acceleration pack in the half-price books shops pretty cheap these days - I think the one in Capitol Hill has it for around $10 or so (the carrier stuff is good fun!)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 5:54am

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

Hi Blake.

Sorry to here about that disastrous problem you've had. It happened to me a few years ago, so you have my sympathy.
Anyway. I found the copy that I have of the Pond_Racer_Beta_1.zip. I've repaired/reinstalled my system quite a few times since I downloaded it so it took quite a search. I can send it to you if you want.

Mark

Be happy! Life's too short not to be!

Core i7 870, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia 1280MB GTX470, 24" LCD, 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 500GB HDD & 1 x 320GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 7th Jan, 2010 at 1:00pm

NWarty   Offline
Spline Extruder
"Pushing Polys in Iraq"
Oly, WA

Mark,
Thank you so much and that would be fantastic! I can make the texture repairs easily enough. I THINK I still have the gauges, I may not, I also lost the manual, but will search for that also.

V/R
Blake

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 8th Jan, 2010 at 12:16am

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.

Hi Blake.

I have provided you with a download link to the Pond Racer Beta in a private message.

I hope this helps you get back on track to finishing her. Wink

Mark

Core i7 870, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia 1280MB GTX470, 24" LCD, 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 500GB HDD & 1 x 320GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 13th Jan, 2010 at 10:32pm

NWarty   Offline
Spline Extruder
"Pushing Polys in Iraq"
Oly, WA

Thanks Mark, I uploaded her for publishing to both Avsim and Flightsim. It was a long and painful road  Shocked But glad that others can enjoy her as much as I enjoyed designing it.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 15th Jan, 2010 at 4:55am

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.

WOW!

Fantastic Blake. I'm surprised at how quick you have recovered. I honestly thought it would take quite a while to get her up and running after what happened.  Grin

I look forward to downloading and going for a flight.

Mark

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 29th Apr, 2010 at 12:33pm

NWarty   Offline
Spline Extruder
"Pushing Polys in Iraq"
Oly, WA

Some very good news guys. By accident, I was rummaging through my old vista files on my laptop and came across a folder called windows.old and voila!!! She's there along with all the textures, .fsc's, including old Bronco and Piper Warrior files. Woohoo!

Now to get FSDS 3.5 loaded up and start tinkering with FSX. I'm now fully on board with FSX as of last month with a new computer  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 29th Apr, 2010 at 4:17pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Great news!!!

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 30th Apr, 2010 at 3:42am

flwpheonix   Offline
LDV Engineer
Nate Rosenstrauch    
               Helo Designer

Great news Blake!

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 30th Apr, 2010 at 4:02am

Mark958   Offline
LDV Engineer
I'm still learning.

Glad to hear that good news Blake!

Mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print