Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
To -t or not to -t, that's the question.. (Read 2039 times)
23rd Oct, 2009 at 12:01pm

Javis   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi guys,

I notice that the famous '_t' extension behind the name of a texture that is supposed to generate reflection instead of transparency, always used in FS9, is still present with quite a few native FSX models. Quite a few but certainly not all.... It's because of this i thought i'd pop the question here : why do some native FSX models still use the '_t' expression with some of the textures' names and others do not ?....

I mean, one would think that, because of all the fancy new FSX texture opportunities this '_t' expression is really not needed anymore .... ??   Roll Eyes

Just curious....  Huh

Any explanation highly appreciated.

cheers,
Jan

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 23rd Oct, 2009 at 12:11pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi
Its not needed but I use it mainly for house keeping (I have a bad memory) _T for reflective,_A for transparent.......  yeah I know I should use _T for transparency and _R for reflective but If I  bring stuff over from fs9 Ill only get confused Cheesy
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 26th Oct, 2009 at 10:26am

Javis   Offline
Point Pusher
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Heya Wozza, how's you doing, got someting on the FSX stove ?... T-6 maybe ?....   Roll Eyes

So in FSX this '_t' doesn't do anything anymore... funny many devs still using it then.... anyway thanks for clearing that up, mate.  Smiley

cheers,
jan

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 26th Oct, 2009 at 10:43am

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Javis wrote on 26th Oct, 2009 at 10:26am:
So in FSX this '_t' doesn't do anything anymore... funny many devs still using it then.... anyway thanks for clearing that up, mate.  Smiley

cheers,
jan

Old habits die hard....

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 26th Oct, 2009 at 10:58am

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Javis wrote on 26th Oct, 2009 at 10:26am:
Heya Wozza, how's you doing, got someting on the FSX stove ?... T-6 maybe ?....   Roll Eyes

So in FSX this '_t' doesn't do anything anymore... funny many devs still using it then.... anyway thanks for clearing that up, mate.  Smiley

cheers,
jan

Meh Im still breathing Smiley ...you?....yep still pluging away at the Texan.She still in primer and the crew chief has promised to start the cockpit fitout, Im sick of sitting on a old milk create when I go for a test flight Cheesy
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Wozza

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print