Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Elevator Stops working at higher speeds (Read 1081 times)
17th Nov, 2009 at 4:40pm

killworks   Offline
Spline Extruder
Pushing Points....pushing

Hello, not sure if this is Flight Dynamics or FS settings but...

On my Miller HM-4 (twin pusher)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The elevator work fine untill i get above 160mph, then it doesn't move! It doesn't change the pitch of the
plane or move in the visual model.

This happens on level flight, dives anything get the speed above 160mph   (top speed is close to 220 cruise of 180mph)

Any ideas?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 17th Nov, 2009 at 7:25pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi
Table 517 518 1nd 519 all control deflection at a dynamic pressure
have a look here Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
at Jerry Beckworth's graph he posted which converts dynamic pressure at sea level into speed
so you can tweak the tables to suit
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 20th Nov, 2009 at 6:26pm

killworks   Offline
Spline Extruder
Pushing Points....pushing

thanks Wozza that was it.

Fly great now!!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 25th Nov, 2009 at 7:06pm

ViperThreat   Offline
Point Pusher
I Love FFDS!

Is there a more in depth explanation of this?

Im running into the same problem,  past 640kts, the elevator just stops working..  Ive messed around with the  Qtables  and no matter what i change, i get zero difference.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print