Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oh the horror - V2.71 patch released (Read 1837 times)
29th Nov, 2009 at 3:55pm

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

You would have thought I had learned to not release code late at night - ah well. Some interesting bugs folks, so you are going to need to download the 2.71 patch. My apologies (you get what you pay for, eh? Wink ). I have just put it up on AVSIM, should percolate through soon.

From the readme file:

FsdsxTweak v2.71 patch for version 2.7
Dave Nunez (dave.nunez.za@gmail.com or Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)

This is a patch to be applied ONLY over version 2.7 of the FSDSxTweak suite (available at AVSIM.com). It fixes three bugs:

1. There was an error with the way child parts were processed, so that you could not have, for example, an effect as a child of a visibility node.

2. I ignored the way FSDS renames parts with the same names so that you could not have multiple of the same effects or special parts attached. For example, if you have two parts named _attacheffect_fx_landing, FSDS will rename one of them to _attacheffect_fx_landing.1, which would break the effect. This has now been fixed so that I ignore any part ending that has _[number] or .[number] - so you can safely have _attacheffect_fx_landing.23 or _attacheffect_fx_landing_21 in your FSDS models now without it breaking the effects.

3. A typo was causing the _nocrash nodes to never appear.

Installation: Locate the file fsdsxtweak.exe on your system (by default they should be in the FSDS install directory), and overwrite it with this newer one. Double click fsdsxtweak.exe to ensure you now have version 2.71 installed.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 30th Nov, 2009 at 6:11pm

Rick_Piper   Offline
LDV Engineer
No thanks!

Hi Dave

Can't seem to find the patch on Avsim  Embarrassed

or am i too fast ?

Regards
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 30th Nov, 2009 at 6:12pm

PutPut   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
I have a life; I still
use FSDS!
Long Beach, Ca.

Me neither. Sad

Paul

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 30th Nov, 2009 at 11:42pm

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

Sorry folks, not sure what happened - failed to upload (I must have forgotten to hit the 'finish' button) - I have just now sent it through again, and I have the confirmation email, so should be up soon.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
&&
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 1st Dec, 2009 at 1:27pm

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

Ok! Here is the download link: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

&&
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 1st Dec, 2009 at 7:53pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Thanks Dave
Now all we need is a button that creates what the modeler is thinking Wink na belay that what I really want is the compass that Jack Sparrow has in Pirates of the Caribbean  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 1st Dec, 2009 at 8:38pm

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

Really? Do you guys really want a button that inserts giant kegs of beer into the game?  Smiley

&&
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 1st Dec, 2009 at 9:29pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

DaveNunez wrote on 1st Dec, 2009 at 8:38pm:
Really? Do you guys really want a button that inserts giant kegs of beer into the game? Smiley

How do you think the FSDS2 "lavatory dump valve" part got into the program?

Then again, you *could* set up xTweak to, upon a press of a particular button, insert a particular x file blurb as a part, offset xyz from model data center, where y is the negative COG/model center at static weight of the aircraft, said x file blurb suspiciously resembling an ovoid cylinder with reflective properties and dds texture installed into the default \textures directory....  Visibility conditions dependent on engine off/on ground.. etc. etc. etc.   

You know you can do it.

You know you WANT to do it...

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 1st Dec, 2009 at 9:50pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Really? Do you guys really want a button that inserts giant kegs of beer into the game? Smiley

AAARRRRR! and me not being able to partake in said beverage Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 1st Dec, 2009 at 9:53pm

Felix/FFDS   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It is my solemn duty to
obfuscate and confuse.
YaBB Admin Land

Au-MaV wrote on 1st Dec, 2009 at 9:50pm:

AAARRRRR! and me not being able to partake in said beverage Cheesy

Sure you can - it's all virtual anyway!!

Felix/Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Reply #10 - 1st Dec, 2009 at 11:03pm

DaveNunez   Offline
YaBB Moderator
Seattle, Washington

Ok guys, testing is underway. I call it "The Beernithopter"

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This is a test using Pike Brewing Company Double IPA. Ales are working fine, with froth and transparency. There is some flickering issues with Lagers, but I am afraid the FSX engine does not support Stouts - so no Guiness. I guess that was an FS11 feature that got cut...

&&
IP Logged

Reply #11 - 1st Dec, 2009 at 11:28pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

PMSL
Felix I wouldnt risk it even virtually ...after the last time Smiley
Dave ya had to pick a float plane, beer and water dont mix. Maybe scotch on the rocks,a tequila sunrise na na wait a screw driver Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print