Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.

FFDS Home | TIPS Section | Tutorials Section | Resources Section | Utilities Section

Military | FSDS | Jetliners | Real Planes Section | Gmax | Rotorcraft | Business | Civilian

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nose down actitude, y 1st FD, please HELPPPP (Read 2311 times)
30th Jan, 2010 at 9:43pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Hi all

I'm trying to make my first FD, and it goes preaty good so far, i have a couple of problems

1. The aircraft doesnt take-off, she is nose down all the time, and i must go to slew mode to lift the aircraft to fly it.

2. In the air, the aircraft has a nose down actitude, when i fly leveled the aircraft lose altitud really fast, i must be 10° - 15° nose up to maintain the altitude.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
*Thats not the AR, it is 10.5
*I try with the pitch moment 1500 but the same  Huh

The CG must be
fwd: 22% Mac
Aft: 35% Mac

Please Help

Eduardo Fadul

Aeronautical Engineer
MSc (c) Mechanical Engineer}
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 30th Jan, 2010 at 9:48pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

The climb rate must be 700fpm, why he says -405???

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 30th Jan, 2010 at 10:03pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Inspecteur des Polygonnes
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi
Looks like you have an old ver of airwrench which might not support fsx well
the ver I have here is 1.01.80
unfortunately Jerry is on holidays and has stopped the download page till feb the 8th
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 30th Jan, 2010 at 10:06pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Quote:
The climb rate must be 700fpm, why he says -405???

just enter 700 in the box and hit enter Wink

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 30th Jan, 2010 at 10:20pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Hi Wozza

I bought the 1.01.28 some time ago, i dont have money for the new version Embarrassed Embarrassed

Climb rate solve, before i try to change it, but the program says that it was too high and dont letme save.

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry I try to configurate the engine like the Rotax 912UL (100HP), and now the engine works and turn off, i turn it on, and again off  Cry Cry Cry Cry

pleaseeee help

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 30th Jan, 2010 at 10:30pm

Au-MaV   Offline
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi
The updates are free to rego users you just download the latest ver exe and install it

your prop info looks a bit off,to much  pitch and a 7.06 gear ratio on 5800 rpm yikes Smiley also check your prop moi it should be there (in the newer ver it is) so you will have to manually check it in the aircaft.cfg
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 30th Jan, 2010 at 11:22pm

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Thankssssssssss  Grin Grin Grin Grin the aircraft is flying better

Now, the aircraft can rotate and fly, but its rotate at 100knos and i need that she rotate at +/- 80, how can i make this??????

I have to set the elevator effectiveness at 250%, how can i make the aircraft controlable at 100%, must i increase its area????? (the problem with this is that the iarcraft already have the real aircraft information  Undecided)

Regards  Grin

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 31st Jan, 2010 at 12:20am

Au-MaV   Offline
Whatcha lookin at
Adelaide South Australia

Hi
try to make the  elevator control in the airfile entry 1101 pitch section a larger number
or reduce the pitch  rate damping.
There are a lot of areas that effect the rotation speed,weights and balance,prop tables,wing tables,ect etc get any one wrong and teh rest falls over.
The above is just a quick and dirty method
you need to first test that the aircraft wing is stalling near the correct speed when in the air
if so then up the elevator control until you can rotate at the speed you want then check the G-factor when pulling on the elevator at cruse, to many G's up the dampening, to little drop the dampening  
I only do the above as a fine tune rather than fix major issues with the FDE get it close then tweak Wink
If your not getting sufficient lift at rotation speed try upping the oswald_efficiency_factor in the aircraft.cfg by small amounts
cheers
Wozza

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 12th Feb, 2010 at 11:40am

Eduardo Fadul   Offline
Spline Extruder
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Bogotá, Colombia

Thanks a lot for all your help, was really helpfull, the is done  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical technician

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print